Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No option for encourage to breed

So my sim is companions with her cat and there's room in the household for more. Her cat has the hearts coming around it but she can't encourage it to mate. This is happening with other pets in households as well. They adopted this cat on their own free will lol. I'm assuming if the cat was spayed it wouldn't have the woohoo heart, etc. Do they have to live in Brindleton Bay to get the option?

Comments

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    This always happens to me with cats. Usually you need the two animals to have a positive relationship with each other in order to breed I believe. With dogs you can ask them to be friendly to the other one until they like each other enough to mate. Because there is no be friendly option for cats it's harder.
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2023
    Daephene wrote: »
    This always happens to me with cats. Usually you need the two animals to have a positive relationship with each other in order to breed I believe. With dogs you can ask them to be friendly to the other one until they like each other enough to mate. Because there is no be friendly option for cats it's harder.

Do you need 2 cats in the household? I only have one cat.

Also, this cat just stands for hours in front of the fireplace until in the red. Ask what's wrong and she says she needs a clean litterbox. I have the most expensive litterbox and it cleans on it's own. I've checked traits and nothing that would cause this odd behavior. I had to delete the fireplace and it just goes to stare at something else.
    Post edited by gbaisden on
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    You need a cat with opposite sex, eather in your household or somewhere nearby.
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    You need a cat with opposite sex, eather in your household or somewhere nearby.

Ok thank you. They live in Newcrest and no cats around so probably what's going on.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    If a cat has the free spirit trait it will go off on its own once in a while. If it’s not spayed it might come back pregnant.