Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confused about aging

So, sims in my played households have been aging. I have auto age played sims set to no and unplayed sims checked. I dont want my sims in my households to age but they have been. Are my setting correct?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    You need to set aging to active households only.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    It sounds like your settings should not result in any aging at all.

Changing to "active household only" will cause whatever household you're currently playing to age, which doesn't sound like what you want.

There was a change in lifespan around the time High School came out last summer. That changed where some sims were in their lifespan. There was also a bug that caused other havoc with aging, which has since been fixed.
    Are you by any chance talking about sims created last summer or before? They would have been affected by that stuff, but won't be affected any further.

If you're talking about newer sims, I would try removing mods (if any), deleting your local thumbcache file, repairing the game, and trying again. If you still have the same problem then please consider reporting this as a bug on Answers HQ.
  • Options
    fantasyislandfantasyisland Posts: 15 Member
    If you don't want your households your not currently playing to age then uncheck auto age unplayed sims. I learned the hard way that it ages my other save if checked.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Oh one other thought. Is it possible that you moved some of your played households into Other Households in the household manager, like for example to tweak some Neighborhood Stories settings? If they're in Other Households then the "unplayed sims" checkbox would apply to them.
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member

Changing to "active household only" will cause whatever household you're currently playing to age, which doesn't sound like what you want.

There was a change in lifespan around the time High School came out last summer. That changed where some sims were in their lifespan. There was also a bug that caused other havoc with aging, which has since been fixed.
    Are you by any chance talking about sims created last summer or before? They would have been affected by that stuff, but won't be affected any further.

If you're talking about newer sims, I would try removing mods (if any), deleting your local thumbcache file, repairing the game, and trying again. If you still have the same problem then please consider reporting this as a bug on Answers HQ.

Yes, I had some of the sims before high school but some after. I'll try and thank you.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Best of luck. I was playing with my ancestral game save, but it's in the very same game folder as my Main Save. Main Save aging has been turned off until the Infants drop. While, as it turned out I had aging on in my ancestral save. When I went back to check my Main Save, they were still turned off, but once I was playing the ancestral save, suddenly, they were off, too. Screwy, completely screwy. But, I would rather they both be off, lest my Main Save Sims age without my notice!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member

Sorry if I read the question wrong. I thought they didn't want their other played households to age which is a common issue for people playing rotationally. Reading the question differently I really have no clue, as you said the settings should result in no aging at all.