Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

gallery descriptions

Hi every one!
I have long wondered what a good gallery description might entail. I am always stuck in the gallery description every time I want to share my Lot/sim in the gallery. I'm stuck on the part with a good caption, but also which hashtags that are popular to use. Usually I just explain the interior/exterior and then hashtag whatever city i build in, but I am curious on what captures your interest when you browse the gallery, or what you use when you share :smiley: Also are there a certain way you can make your uploads more seen? :o

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,621 Member
    I only use # when the lot I built is for a particular category. For instance for those who use the Road to Fame mod, we need concert venues IE #rtf I suppose you might #number of bedrooms, baths large or small lot to grab attention. I rarely share my builds, but this is what comes to mind.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I like to search by lot style, such as Mid Century Modern, Tudor, Windenburg, etc.

I also search by size in the description, I really prefer small houses so I will search with small
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I look for tags that describe the lot or sim. Where it's built is helpful too. #bowlingalley , #laundromat , #osasissprings. #celebrity , #goth

For description it's helpful to describe details that you can't see from photos. Include your vision and back story for the lot/sim if you can.

There are ways to make your uploads more eyecatching with custom CAS poses and changing gallery photos. You can Google how to do so. The community has mixed feelings about these sort of things. I personally don't like when people abuse hashtags using only what's popular to get noticed because it makes it harder to find what I need but that's another tactic.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,884 Member
    Practically the only thing I look for in a description of a build, is to see if MOO is used, and that I need to enable it before placing the lot (instant skip if that's the case). I only search for hashtags if I want a build for a spesific lot, for example one of the Sulani beach properties or San Myshuno penthouse.

For my own builds, I will use #nomoo and #nocc. Also for any special rooms I've made, like sunroom, library, laundry, greenhouse etc., which I don't have in every home I upload. For the general description, I'll list how many bedrooms/baths, if it has a separate dining and living area etc. I'm not really good with descriptions, or using hashtags. Mine are more practical info than anything.

As for making your uploads more eyecatching, I don't really know. What catches my eyes is a nicely done outside area, since that's something I don't find as fun to do. As for sims, I don't download those very often. And I usually skip those with custom poses. Not because I don't like them (I dislike most of the games poses too, especially for my boys), but because they are often for generic cute/hot sims, and I just think they all look very similar, rarely any unique and interesting sims.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    When I search the gallery for lots, I almost always am searching with the hash tag for whatever the original lot name was for where I'm planning to put it. That and #NoCC are pretty much the only hash tags I ever pay attention to for lots.
    Those hashtags, the images provided, and the lot type are all that matter to me. I don't read the rest of what people put in their description, to be honest.
    For pictures, I like to have a good look at what the lot looks like both inside and out so I can see if it looks 'basic' or actually like a real place would. By basic i mean little to no decor and clutter and boring and boxy for the overall design.

For Sim/Household downloads, I never actually search for those other than EA Pre-made makeovers, but again I care about the #NOCC hashtag. I don't download any Sims/Households other than pre-made makeovers except those that show up in my feed as being created by or favorited by someone I follow. Not because I don't download sims...but rather because I already have over 1000 sim households downloaded from the gallery, so I don't see a need to actively search for more.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    When I search the gallery for lots, I almost always am searching with the hash tag for whatever the original lot name was for where I'm planning to put it. That and #NoCC are pretty much the only hash tags I ever pay attention to for lots.
    Those hashtags, the images provided, and the lot type are all that matter to me. I don't read the rest of what people put in their description, to be honest.
    For pictures, I like to have a good look at what the lot looks like both inside and out so I can see if it looks 'basic' or actually like a real place would. By basic i mean little to no decor and clutter and boring and boxy for the overall design.

For Sim/Household downloads, I never actually search for those other than EA Pre-made makeovers, but again I care about the #NOCC hashtag. I don't download any Sims/Households other than pre-made makeovers except those that show up in my feed as being created by or favorited by someone I follow. Not because I don't download sims...but rather because I already have over 1000 sim households downloaded from the gallery, so I don't see a need to actively search for more.

Hi @Stormkeep What happens if you download something with CC? I have never been sure about this. I thought you couldn't download any mods or CC through the gallery, so I never really understand what that filter option was for.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

@Elliandre, If you download something made with CC, it won't be present in what you downloaded unless you have the CC yourself. So if someone uses a CC hair that you don't have, the sim will be bald. CC itself is not included with gallery downloads.

That's why, even though I use a lot of CC, I avoid anything on the gallery made with it. First, because I like to choose what CC I want myself, so I'm not going to "go get it" just for a gallery download, and then 2nd, because it makes for bald, naked sims, or missing furniture, etc. on lots.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Stormkeep Ok, that's what I thought too, thank you for the explanation! :smile: Yeah, I had my fun with barefoot and bald Sims when I took all my CC hair and shoes out and don't want to go through that again, although it made winter season entertaining. I just wish they knew they had no shoes on while walking in snow.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,896 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm new to sharing creations in the gallery but the main things I want to communicate is whether or not I used CC. If I do, which is going to be very rare after this first one, I mark it #WithCC. I add tags for MOO, and play tested too. Other than that it's just a brief blurb about the build or sim.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Gallery Sims - I want to know if a Sim is new or used. I've downloaded several Save Files that include Sims that have maxed skills, maxed aspirations, maxed careers, and even fake degrees. This is when I look at The Gallery to see if I can find a pristine copy of a particular Sim before I resort to using MCC to remove as much as I can to make the Sim playable in my game. Basically, if you've used cheats or mods that could glitch a Sim then hashtag it.

Gallery Lots and Rooms (Apartments) - The main thing I want to know is if the TOOL mod was used. If it was, then I'll pass. Hashtag any cheats that were used to landscape or furnish the lot.