Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why My Sims Is Not Doing Anything With Computer When I Ask Her To Write?

Comments

• Options
    mildredalienmildredalien Posts: 27 Member
    I've had that problem particularly with laptops on tables that aren't proper desks I think - if you direct her to sit in the chair first, she should then use the laptop.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited March 2022
    Try removing the candleabra from the dining table. Medium-sized table lighting (candles, lamps) take up one full grid square, but for whatever reason they usually spread out further once placed down, which can then cause a routing issue for computers. Computers tend to get blocked easily by other objects nearby (especially if those objects take up a medium or large-sized slot space).

Or if you really want to keep that particular candleabra on the table, then you will need to click on the chair for your sim to sit first and then click on the computer, as was mentioned in the post above me by @mildredalien

But it will become bothersome to do it that way after a while.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 968 Member
    edited March 2022
    Move the computer a bit to the right so it is directly in front of the chair.
    The computer is at the corner of the table. The chair is not.

This is what I am babbling about:

11_03_16.png

Another later example:

13_03_13.png

The computer is always right in front of the chair.

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Try removing the candleabra from the dining table. Medium-sized table lighting (candles, lamps) take up one full grid square, but for whatever reason they usually spread out further once placed down, which can then cause a routing issue for computers. Computers tend to get blocked easily by other objects nearby (especially if those objects take up a medium or large-sized slot space).

Or if you really want to keep that particular candleabra on the table, then you will need to click on the chair for your sim to sit first and then click on the computer, as was mentioned in the post above me by @mildredalien

Isn't the case before because the candelabra was there from the very beginning and she works just fine with the pc this only happens yesterday and I also tried moving the emotional painting above her nothing happens.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »

Isn't the case before because the candelabra was there from the very beginning and she works just fine with the pc this only happens yesterday and I also tried moving the emotional painting above her nothing happens.

Oh, okay then. Well, something is blocking the routing to the computer... that's the only time that sort of thing happens, or at least any time I've ever had that problem with my sim not being able to use the computer.

Try getting rid of everything in the area (except for the table, the one chair, and the computer), including any overhead ceiling lights. Or you can just simply try placing the laptop onto some other surface in the house to see if your sim can use it without any problem at a new location.... which again, means you've got some kind of routing problem going on around that dining table.

Also make sure you have MOO turned off before placing the laptop anywhere else and that it snaps properly onto the slot placement.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @AncientMuse I have this problem with this Sim woman only who won't write a book or even do anything with either computer or laptop. When I assigned her to write a book on the computer or laptop all she did was to just sit and get up quickly from the computer or laptop and will not do anything. I tried to make her write from both computer or laptop and even make her do it either on a desk or on a dining table it is still the same behavior she is doing even if I adjusted all the lightings, decors and table away from the wall still the same thing. What is wrong with her? All the other Sim in the household including her father and mother can still write or do something in the computer or laptop without moving or adjusting anything but not her.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    I’m sure you have probably checked to make sure the computer security set up in the computer is not blocked for her.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    There’s also some weird bug where they always cancel their computer work to go read a book if you have any near. And who doesn’t put a bookshelf in their office.. super annoying
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I’m sure you have probably checked to make sure the computer security set up in the computer is not blocked for her.

@SheriSim57 I don't think so... it is open for everyone to use and she can still write before but nowadays she can't her mother and father can still write books on the computer or laptop without moving the device or the desk elsewhere but not her...
  • Options
    Move the computer a bit to the right so it is directly in front of the chair.
    The computer is at the corner of the table. The chair is not.

This is what I am babbling about:

11_03_16.png

Another later example:

13_03_13.png

The computer is always right in front of the chair.

@BoergeAarg61 The problem is her mother and father can still work on the pc or laptop without moving them only her that is having an issue and she has two unfinished books to write.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    @bootsguy, It does sound almost like the computer security settings aren't letting her use it. Thing is, with the security settings, if a Sim can't use it then you shouldn't get the pie menu options to have her start writing in the first place.

Have you tried using a different computer to see if it's the computer that is the problem?
    Have you tried resetting the sim?

Does the problem only happen when you try to "resume" one of her unfished books? I have had issues in the past where an in progress book just got bugged. I have had to scrap it and start it over in order to get it written. When I've had this problem the only time the computer interactions failed was specifically when trying to 'resume' a writing project. The sim could use it fine for everything else.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    @Stormkeep It is not the case because the computer isn't locked. I think I believe someone saying that there is currently a glitch of at least two "UNFINISHED" books in the computer when you try to resume it won't allow your Sims to do it. The problematic Sim can now use the PC or laptop at home and write a book one at a time with no problem. What I did is I made the Sim travel to another location or another place and use the PC there and make her come back home and use it then that fixes the problem.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I have this from time to time. I tend to sell the computer and chair. I also make sure no books are around. That always solves it for me. I try to debug the items but only replacement seems to work 100% of the time for me.

I had to scrap a book once but otherwise it seems the chair or computer bug out