Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant built build rocketship?!

Ive placed a steampunk flyamajig starter kit on my sims property but I went I click on it I dont get the option to build. Ive tried in different households, different worlds and Ive exited the game but nothing happens when I click on the starter kit. Anyone else have this problem? I very rarely play with the rocketship, maybe I'm missing something?

Comments

• Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Hah A bunch of sims that live in the neighborhood showed up and started building it so now I can work on it too
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2021
    It's a known bug that is caused by Cottage Living. A skilled simmer has explained it at Answers HQ. When you start to build a rocket, the game checks if you can build for free at a festival or have to pay on a private lot. Unfortunately they forgot to put the COL markets on the festival check list.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2021
    crebo19 wrote: »
    Ive placed a steampunk flyamajig starter kit on my sims property but I went I click on it I dont get the option to build. Ive tried in different households, different worlds and Ive exited the game but nothing happens when I click on the starter kit. Anyone else have this problem? I very rarely play with the rocketship, maybe I'm missing something?

Yeah, You are not alone in that.
    I was looking forward to a group rocket ship building project along with other science activities at my Uni dorm.
    Had to nix the ship.

I am currently using this mod until it is fixed
    https://simvasion.com/rocket-building-fix/
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Don't forget to click a me too on the bug report.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-build-a-rocket/td-p/10541363

I'm also using simvasion's fix for now and that works great.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    Ooh I’ve had that bug but didn’t think to google it. The bug fix sounds very useful!
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    crebo19 wrote: »

Yeah, You are not alone in that.
    I was looking forward to a group rocket ship building project along with other science activities at my Uni dorm.
    Had to nix the ship.

I am currently using this mod until it is fixed
    https://simvasion.com/rocket-building-fix/

EA needs to hire that modder, stat! A marvelous collection of bug fixes on that site.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    sassygirl3437sassygirl3437 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issue with the Rocket ships.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    I am still having the issue too. Hoping that it will be resolved in the near future!