Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about NRAAS Porter

I always move my families with Nraas porter, works great all the time. I’m about to move my sims again. This time I have a sim that owns a vacation home in France. Will it stay with him or should I sell the house before moving?

Comments

• Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 260 Member
    @igazor is the best person to ask!!
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hmm, using Porter is basically like saving a - just slightly bigger than usual - family (consisting of several families) to the library and place it into a new world afterwards. While those families keep their household inventories, they don't keep attachments to anything outside their little Porter group, so I usually sell all their investments. Porter may even do that automatically, but I don't remember that detail.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    @Turjan yes i suspect it won’t work. Had to ask though. Guess he loses his visa points too.
  • Options
    No, they should keep those, as they are part of the character. Even Pangu's Axe survives this. As for visa points, you can always add those with DebugEnabler, anyway.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    The block on that working would not be that the vacation home real estate title fails to get ported up with the sims. It's that the instance of France (as they knew it) doesn't. The way to maintain interworld connections like that, in other words keep France and even the homeworld they were departing in the game, would be to use Traveler to move your sims across worlds instead of Porter.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    You can even mix both methods, if you want to completely discard the world you start from. For example, I move one or two families that have connections to other worlds with Traveler, while I use Porter for the rest of the town's sims I want to keep. If you also include the family or families you moved with Traveler into the Porter group, they and all the interconnections will get merged into something that resembles their original state very much.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Thank you very much guys! I will ponder on the options you have given me.