Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous GamePlay

So I'm playing an actor sim, something I haven't done since the GF pack came out so I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics of gameplay. Can a sim actually become wealthy being an actor? He's at level 7 and a 3-star celebrity and making decent money per gig, but definitely not bringing home enough simoleans to be Judith Ward's neighbor anytime soon since this was a poor to rich type of game play. Is this an attainable mission to have my sim earn enough money to purchase a house before they become an elder on actor career alone? (his age span is 40 days for young adult and adult. He's halfway through young adult currently) He's living in a studio apartment right now in San Myshuno. Not really celebrity living. haha.

Comments

• Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2020
    My Sim just hit level 10 and is pulling a bit over $26,000 per gig. She's about a week out from being an adult but spent her first 5 weeks getting accepted and going to college. It's definitely doable.
    Post edited by LauraR on
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    wait, hold up. She's in Level 5 of the acting career and she's making $26,000 PER GIG??? My sim is only making like $3,000 or so per gig at level 7. I'm so confused. lol. Do you have a mod or is my sim doing something wrong?
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    My sim gets around 19000 per gig, but only as she has the easy street perk. Before that she would get about 6000 per gig as a level 4 celebrity.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow. My Sim has been level 10 for a long time and he's only earned about 8000-9000 at most per gig.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    wait, hold up. She's in Level 5 of the acting career and she's making $26,000 PER GIG??? My sim is only making like $3,000 or so per gig at level 7. I'm so confused. lol. Do you have a mod or is my sim doing something wrong?

You have to take advantage of the perks and rewards traits, etc. if you want your sim to make a ton of money.
  • Options

Sorry, I've had a migraine the last couple days that muddies thinking. I was thinking fame level, not acting level.

She has just reached level 10 Acting. I do not use any mods but made a discovery this week that has made her earnings skyrocket! Pay close attention to your prep tasks. Notice the little icon next to each task. When doing your activities within the gig you'll notice those same little icons are used for the option to do a "Risky" activity. Do Risky for the actions you have completed the prep task for and Safe for the ones you haven't. You still won't succeed every time but I have been getting Gold level pay every time since this discovery.

Also, when selecting your Fame Perks, start with Noticeable and take that all the way to the top. This doubles your earnings.
  • Options
    @LauraR ahh thanks for the Risky/Safe tips!

Is there a way to take away a fame point and place it elsewhere? I don't see the option. just curious.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

Is there a way to take away a fame point and place it elsewhere? I don't see the option. just curious.

you can do a "celebrity cleanse" via phone, this will reset all your perks.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Well, I don't want to lose fame. But thanks!
  • Options

You won't lose your fame. It just allows you to re-pick how you use your points.
  • Options
    LauraR wrote: »

You won't lose your fame. It just allows you to re-pick how you use your points.

oh really?!??! love that! ok thanks!
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Even though I wasn’t the one who made this discussion, the tips here have helped a lot since I just got Get Famous around 3 or 4 days ago.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Even though I wasn’t the one who made this discussion, the tips here have helped a lot since I just got Get Famous around 3 or 4 days ago.

Definitely helpful. this is only the 2nd time I've played through the actor career since I bought the pack when it came out in 2018. I feel like it's new to me too!
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    LauraR wrote: »

that's right, and it clears all quirks too btw.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    So I'm playing an actor sim, something I haven't done since the GF pack came out so I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics of gameplay. Can a sim actually become wealthy being an actor? He's at level 7 and a 3-star celebrity and making decent money per gig, but definitely not bringing home enough simoleans to be Judith Ward's neighbor anytime soon since this was a poor to rich type of game play. Is this an attainable mission to have my sim earn enough money to purchase a house before they become an elder on actor career alone? (his age span is 40 days for young adult and adult. He's halfway through young adult currently) He's living in a studio apartment right now in San Myshuno. Not really celebrity living. haha.

So I just started an actor as well recently. With all of certain attributes full and always picking the "risky" option, my sim makes approximately 22,000 simoleans a gig. He went from 0 simoleans to 1,120,00 without mods or cheats so yes, they can make simoleans as an actor. Have your singing, guitar, charisma, comedy and acting above 7 so you can get all the high paying gigs. Show up confident (brush teeth if you have to) and do all the items in the list of todos and finally, always do the risky option . Also, pay attention to how you use your fame points. The third column from the left is more or less the one that you want to fill as it revolves around careers.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    yes, thanks @SimsLady2000. I had my sim do a celebrity cleanse so I can reset his fame points and use them appropriately. My only problem now is that I want him to complete the actor aspiration and he's now at level 10 career and so close to that 5-star celebrity but I totally forgot he has to get a gold in commercial, so now I have him doing commercial gigs until he gets the gold. lol. I try to paint the story that he's a well-known actor just doing a commercial...it's actually not uncommon for real-life actors. Unfortunately, I have realized that once you are a level 10 actor, you can only get a gig twice or three times a week because once you book a gig...you don't get to go to it until days later.