Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Your Sim Family

I moved my sims to a bigger house and I did NOT sell anything as I'm moving to a empty house. When I started to put everything where I wanted it I noticed half their stuff was gone. Example: all of the kitchen, Dining room table and chairs Woodworking and flower arrangement tables etc. I quit game without saving hoping they would be back in their first house. I REPAIRED my game and went back in, everything was back but the game saved anyway and they were still in new house. This has happened 4 times now in other saves too. The point being if it happens to you quit game and repair and things should come back.

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    I moved my sims to a bigger house and I did NOT sell anything as I'm moving to a empty house. When I started to put everything where I wanted it I noticed half their stuff was gone. Example: all of the kitchen, Dining room table and chairs Woodworking and flower arrangement tables etc. I quit game without saving hoping they would be back in their first house. I REPAIRED my game and went back in, everything was back but the game saved anyway and they were still in new house. This has happened 4 times now in other saves too. The point being if it happens to you quit game and repair and things should come back.

You can load an earlier save withing the one save slot. I've had to go back to the maximum on save a couple times to fix things. If you're not sure how to do it, I take some screenshots.

It's also possible that you have 'auto-save' turned on. That would save without you telling it to, when you move the household.

If that's not it, and this continues, then I suggest you alternate between two or three save slots every time you save. Like "Save A" "Save B" "Save C". Or rename them every time you save to like "Houshold Before Move" then after a different slot, "Household after move", but save the second one right after the first one before moving, then move and save on the after move slot again whenever you're ready. That way if the second one somehow auto saves, then you can revert to the first one.

It's a pain, I know. ;)

Another option I thought of now is you could put EVERYTHING into their household inventory first that you want to take to the new house.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I put everything in inventory when I want a lot of stuff but not everything.[ But if I want everything inside and out I move without selling anything and bringing it all with me. This has never happened before so I was wondering if its another bug or something.quote="Admiral8Q;c-17558963"]
    I moved my sims to a bigger house and I did NOT sell anything as I'm moving to a empty Putting everything in inventory is what I do if I'm not taking everything but a lot off stuff. When I started to put everything where I wanted it I noticed half their stuff was gone. Example: all of the kitchen, Dining room table and chairs Woodworking and flower arrangement tables etc. I quit game without saving hoping they would be back in their first house. I REPAIRED my game and went back in, everything was back but the game saved anyway and they were still in new house. This has happened 4 times now in other saves too. The point being if it happens to you quit game and repair and things should come back.

You can load an earlier save withing the one save slot. I've had to go back to the maximum on save a couple times to fix things. If you're not sure how to do it, I take some screenshots.

It's also possible that you have 'auto-save' turned on. That would save without you telling it to, when you move the household.

If that's not it, and this continues, then I suggest you alternate between two or three save slots every time you save. Like "Save A" "Save B" "Save C". Or rename them every time you save to like "Houshold Before Move" then after a different slot, "Household after move", but save the second one right after the first one before moving, then move and save on the after move slot again whenever you're ready. That way if the second one somehow auto saves, then you can revert to the first one.

It's a pain, I know. ;)

Another option I thought of now is you could put EVERYTHING into their household inventory first that you want to take to the new house.[/quote]
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

It's a pain, I know. ;)

Another option I thought of now is you could put EVERYTHING into their household inventory first that you want to take to the new house.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

It's a pain, I know. ;)