Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advancing at Uni

I'm curious if I can play 1 set of Sims at Uni on one campus for a simweek and then the next simweek, play Sims at the other Uni, will Sims continue to progress if you aren't actively playing them? It's another way to draw uni out as well.

Comments

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think if you leave Sims for a whole week, they'll fail the classes that they're taking because they won't do the tasks (homework and more importantly final exams for those classes) that need to be actively done and a semester only lasts 5 Sim days (plus the weekend when there are no classes). So you'd be putting them at risk of failing.
    I don't know if there is an option to retake a class.

You might be able to get away with it if the Sims can only take electives in the week/semester when you're not playing them. No idea if that will be possible.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited November 2019
    I was hoping progression was locked to the household and the game only counted days advanced by the household being played instead of specific days of the week.

This is bad for playing households in rotation. This would mean I have to play one household through Uni at a time. I would love to have one group of my sims at Foxbury and another group at Britechester and take turns alternating between the two and visiting them on the other campuses. I have about twenty households in rotation. :s

I wanted to send them in groups of 4-5 sims, two groups at a time.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    They haven’t specified how class progression works when we rotate away from a household. Judging by how careers work, I expect that if we rotate away progress will freeze until we come back.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I was hoping progression was locked to the household and the game only counted days advanced by the household being played instead of specific days of the week.

This is bad for playing households in rotation. This would mean I have to play one household through Uni at a time. I would love to have one group of my sims at Foxbury and another group at Britechester and take turns alternating between the two and visiting them on the other campuses. I have about twenty households in rotation. :s

I wanted to send them in groups of 4-5 sims, two groups at a time.

I essentially I have the same, with my first 6 teens ready for uni. Half I want to send to UBrite and the others to Foxbury. I was hoping to play the households alternately, yet together as the teens are all friends.
  • Options
    They haven’t specified how class progression works when we rotate away from a household. Judging by how careers work, I expect that if we rotate away progress will freeze until we come back.

I hope so
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,042 Member
    edited November 2019
    I think if you leave Sims for a whole week, they'll fail the classes that they're taking because they won't do the tasks (homework and more importantly final exams for those classes) that need to be actively done and a semester only lasts 5 Sim days (plus the weekend when there are no classes). So you'd be putting them at risk of failing.
    I don't know if there is an option to retake a class.

You might be able to get away with it if the Sims can only take electives in the week/semester when you're not playing them. No idea if that will be possible.

I like to think progress freezes at non active lots when not played. I mean why else they would give us several premade student households, living at different houses? Only to let us pick one we play and rest will fail if not played?
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,113 Member
    I think progress will freeze for all played households but I'm not sure about unplayed ones.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I think progress will freeze for all played households but I'm not sure about unplayed ones.

They could call it a 'feature of story progression' ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Pretty sure it freezes. Wouldn't exactly be logical otherwise.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Pretty sure it freezes. Wouldn't exactly be logical otherwise.

You'd be surprised sometimes...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    I'm watching early access videos to figure this out. I hope to return later with a better answer
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    There's a pile of new info from a Game Changer SimGuru Q&A that should sort it all out: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967860/discover-university-simguru-maxis-sourced-info
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    There's a pile of new info from a Game Changer SimGuru Q&A that should sort it all out: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967860/discover-university-simguru-maxis-sourced-info

Thanks!