Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi Everyone! Started playing sims4 again & deciding what ep, sp to get next & meet people

Hi Everyone,
I have been away from sims4 for awhile now but wanted to get back to it now that I have more time. I maining wanted to stop by the forum and say hi, read about all the stuff I don't have yet, meet people and get back to enjoying the sims 4. I realized that there are many packs I don't have since I last played. I wanted to see what others really like and hopefully make some new friends. In the past I have enjoyed Island things so I was thinking about Island Living over Get Famous. Also deciding on Jungle Adventure, Stranerville, and Realm of Magic.
When I played sims3 I enjoyed all the challenges & socializing in the forum with others that also enjoyed playing. Hopefully getting back to sims4 will be just as fun.
I am hoping to get time to play this afternoon for awhile.
Have fun today & nice to meet you!
Dragonfly4242

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Personally I prefer Get Famous but it's up to you. I found IL to be lacking in gameplay and substance....definitely not worth full price. But I have also loved the fame theme since Superstar and it's really well done in TS4. It's just that Get Famous's world, Del Sol Valley is kind of small.

I don't have RoM but it seems like the best if you are comparing it to Strangerville which I only played once xD The story is lame and it lacks....story. Jungle Adventures isn't bad but the world is small and I found it repetitive because of that, especially since only one part of the jungle is really useful. The other jungle places don't have anything of importance. But I did found it fun to put artefacts together and such.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2019
    Jungle Adventure is a great pack, my favorite actually! I would definitely recommend it. The gameplay might seem like one time go but it is not! The Selvadoradian culture is amazing and the build and buy is really great too! I love all the recipes and I very much enjoy watching my sims to dance the rumbasim dance.

I don't own Strangerville nor Realm of Magic since I am more of a realistic player. I must say I love the city of Strangerville but the gameplay is nothing for me even though I love Sranger Things.

As for Island Living and Get Famous. I don't own neither of them. Again, Get Famous isn't really my thing so I can't tell and Island Living would be great for my gameplay but it seems kind of shallow. IMO it doesn't worth its price and should be gamepack.

Anyway, welcome back! I am glad you play TS4 again and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If you enjoy magic in your Sims game, Realm of Magic is a lot of fun. I find it plays best alongside, rather than instead of, everyday Sims household play. For families, I strongly recommend Parenthood. My other packs are all personal preference picks: Perfect Patio for hot tubs, and Spa Day for the full home spa/sauna/massage retreat experience - plus yoga!
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Thanks for all the info so far. I do like to explore worlds so that is important to me. I do have Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Seasons, Get Together, dine out, Outdoor retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard, Bowling, Cool Kitchen, Kids Stuff, Fitness stuff, Laundry, Luxury party stuff, Movie hangout, Perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky stuff, toddler, and Vintage Glamor. So mostly missing anything that came out in 2019 and will probably get one soon but wait for sales for the rest.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't have RoM yet, so I can't comment there. But I think Jungle Adventure is very versatile. The trek through the jungle is repetitive (even though the temple changes when you go back the path through the jungle doesn't). But the archaeology skill and the relics collection offer some challenges, the setting itself has been used to good effect by storytellers, and the culture skill unlocks fun new things for your sims such as the rumbasim dance. I have redone the marketplace district to more of a resort area and frequently use it for sims vacations even when they have no intention of going exploring. The museum got a picnic area and playground for families, and I added a spa and some more entertainment options at the cantina for adults.
    Strangerville has been fun (I haven't finished the story yet because I rotate and there's just the one household there right now). But after the story is done, it's just a world and the CAS and build/buy items, unless you start the whole story again. Most of the new gameplay is related to the plot. So it feels like it will get less use from me over time than the jungle.

Between Get Famous or Island Living, I think it may depend on whether you prefer to keep your sims busy accomplishing things or enjoying themselves. There are a lot of new things to do in Get Famous. You can gain fame with base game actions like writing or painting, and you also have the video editing station, the music mixing station, and the acting career to explore. There are downsides, such as fans and paparazzi and even family members being too in awe to have normal interactions... So it offers a lot of challenges. Island Living has some new careers, and your sims can work together or individually toward cleaning up the island, but there's also a lot of ways for the sims to unwind and have a good time. I feel like I will use Island Living with more of my families over time, as they can all visit without committing while I will probably reserve the pursuit of fame to specific families that it feels right for. I will likely make a generic lot with beds for my sims to use as an unofficial vacation dwelling so my families can hang out there for a few days even though they can't officially vacation.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Get Famous and Island Living are both pretty fun for me, but I recommend Island Living if you really like island stuff. I use the sunbathing feature all the time.

And I don't have any of the Game Packs you mentioned, but Realm of Magic seems the most fun to me, personally.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hey and welcome back to TS4 :D

About the packs you're choosing from: if you like world exploring then IL is probably better since the world itself in GF is small and honestly not super exciting. As for the GPs, I only have RoM and it's been super fun gameplay-wise, but then I do love magic so it does affect my judgment there. They all have fun worlds that are different from anything else in the game though so really, any of them would probably be good.

(I'd also say if you're not in a rush, there's a chance there'll be a Halloween sale later this month)
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I dont own IL or JA or Strangerville but I love RoM and Get famous. I find get famous adds a lot of game play and beyond the fame, the reputation system is fun to explore especially if you want to experience a public enemy or klepto sim. The blind date function from high reputation (either direction) is also nice. But the world is quite small with very big lots, they have magnificent views as a positive.

RoM is fun and looks beautiful. You cant have child magic users which is frustrating. I am finding a lot to add to my story telling from it.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I like Get Famous and Island Living. I probably prefer IL a bit more, but they are both fun.
    Game packs Jungle Adventure is a lot of fun.

If you are buying an expansion and game pack, you may as well do the build a bundle deal and get a stuff pack too. It's cheaper than buying them seperate and you get the extra pack. (I think it's a similar price to getting the game pack free).
    Moschino or Laundry Day are fantastic stuff packs, but there's lots of other good ones too.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Okay, if worlds are a focus, then City Living is probably your best bet for EPs. Of the three worlds remaining (San Myshuno, Sulani, and Del Sol Valley), San Myshuno is my favourite - it has four very different neighbourhoods, some really fun premades, and I really enjoy the festivals. Sulani is beautiful and I love exploring it, but honestly, the gameplay of Island Living is a bit lacking, whereas I really enjoy everything that CL adds. (Del Sol Valley I haven't explored much, but I dislike the celebrity gameplay so it's hard for me to be impartial.) If you can get more than one, though, IL adds some gorgeous CAS and BB stuff, and, again, Sulani itself is just stunning.

Game packs - looks like you still need Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, and Realm of Magic? Those are all fantastic packs! Glimmerbrook is pretty small but the Realm itself is gorgeous, and Strangerville has a really fun story in it. Jungle Adventures, though, is super fun, and in terms of pure exploration, it's the best. It has a unique mechanism in it in exploring temples and some pop-up events, and the BB assets are amongst my favourite in the entire game. (Also, high-level archaeology is pretty lucrative as a skill!) No new residential worlds, but Selvadorada is a very nice vacation world. Honestly, I love and recommend all three!

SP-wise, you look pretty set! Looks like you're just missing My First Pet and Moschino, which... well, MFP is just an add-on to C&D, so depending on how you feel about that, you may or may not want it. Despite the name, Moschino is actually pretty decent - it does have some deeply regretful CAS, but some of the BB items are pretty cool, and what it does do extremely well is add a whole lot to photography. So, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I do recommend the Moschino pack!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Strangerville literally goes with Get to Work, it has many lots & it's easy to turn the town normal after laughing at your sims.
    For now, don't get Island Living & Realm of Magic, it still has alot of glitches that need to be fixed.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Parenthood is a must have pack. Vintage Glamour, Kids, Toddler, and Cats and Dogs are good for EPs and SPs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I like a realistic, family style of play, so my favorite packs would be parenthood, toddlers and kids stuff. But I think the worlds and gameplay options that you get with get together and city living are hard to pass up
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2019
    idk jungle adventure got repetitive bit too quick for me :neutral: exploring is just kind of meh but I do adore rumbasim dance and the cas b/b though so plus for those

IL also has great cas b/b but also suffers slight lack of gameplay
    most of all am just happy to have my sims swim around it makes world feel bigger than it is

if you have spa day and outdoor retreat though i feel those would go with these 2 packs and make them more fun to play with

RoM,SV and GF i don't have yet actually
    not sure how they compare
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm very much enjoying GF, since I really loved the singer career in ST. I also use the Road to Fame mod, which augments GF, allowing for a singer Sim. I'm not into supernaturals so I have avoided RoM, as I also didn't purchase vampires. I do enjoy aliens to a degree, just not the ones the game gives us. Instead, I have created a Vulcan or two in my game. Thanks to Khitsule, I have pointy ears in my game. :) I don't enjoy Island Living as I had hoped I would. I really liked it when my Rock Star in Sims3 was able to relax by doing some diving. This pack makes it all too superficial. The world is hyper-tiny and offers very little amusement, in my opinion. I'm disappointed with it, but I do like some of the objects and clothes, so my money wasn't completely wasted.

Strangerville appeals to my Star Trek mentality. I have the original cast bridge crew in my game. This was a great 'mission' for them and reminiscent of missions from the Original series (1966-1969). I've played it twice. Not that it's boring, but it was really hard the first time through and since my crew barely made it out alive, I decided, that was enough. Then my game save got corrupted. I started it over. Enough time had passed so I played the 'mission' again, not quite remembering all the ins and outs of it, so it was fun again.

Haven't been able to make Jungle Adventure work for me, as a 'mission'. There's no real way I can perceive of having each member of the Landing Party take part in it. I may have to try to tackle that one with just a Sim or two that I control.

My best recommendation is Get Famous.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Thanks for all the info. I didn't know about the bundles until it popped up on my screen. I decided to do it that way and I got Island Living, Jungle Adventure & the Pet stuff (might be called something else) since I already had Cats & Dogs. The rest I will wait until I have extra spending money or till the holidays and hope they go on sale. I do like the idea of Strangerville too.