Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odd Job Question

I’m having issues with odd jobs, anyone else? I did the collect frogs and ended up failing because no matter how many times my sim attempted, he never got anything. I figured ok, maybe he kept missing or his skill isn’t high enough (I don’t recall a recommended skill, but idk). Just now I did the search the cave for treasure one, I ended up exploring 3 times and never came back with anything to mail to the customer so I failed that one as well. Am I missing something or is it not working for me?

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Have you tried the waterfall yet?

And just to check you don't have any outdated mods or CC that could be conflicting do you?
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Have you tried the waterfall yet?

And just to check you don't have any outdated mods or CC that could be conflicting do you?

The frog collection was at the waterfall. He just never managed to catch one. I’m not sure if it was a game feature, like maybe sometimes they miss, or if it was just not working. There was no notification or moodlet so I feel like it must be bugged somehow.

I only have MCC, which I’ve updated. And a few random bits of cc. I didn’t think anything I have could be conflicting in such a weird way, but I’ll try removing everything just in case.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Hmmm... I know it's a bit story-breaking but maybe you could try checking logs in other worlds to see if that fills the requirement.

There's no reason why they'd be dropping interactions before they'd completed would there? Like if they needed the loo or if there was a monsoon?

It might be a bug but I'm just trying to think of if it could be anything else.
  • Options
    aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    I've tried catching frogs at the waterfall several times now and haven't had any luck with them either. Not a one. Maybe it's a bug?
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Options
    abbyblueflowerabbyblueflower Posts: 15 Member
    I came here hoping to find a solution to catching frogs at the waterfall, but I see I am not the only one not able to catch any.
  • Options
    KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member
    I am having the same problem I caught frog but it didn't register that I caught any so I failed my odd job and its December and still not working i also was supposed to make a pork dinner, made it and didn't count so ..Help
  • Options
    I think it's all of the odd jobs that involve the Sulani map. It just doesn't work at all. Not even the Console ports so I know that mods aren't the issue for me. (Since I play it on XBox One. No mods or CC allowed)