Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Faceless Mermaid

Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
I've been playing my sims games with a certain CC skin tone that is for all skin types since 2016. I've never had an issue with the skin tone transferring over to a new occult type or anything till now.

I turned my already saved sim (that I constantly use) into a mermaid. Everything was fine and dandy, till I noticed her face was just those floating teeth. the CC skin transferred over to her body and everything but it seems like the face hasn't. I've never had this issue before with this skin tone, via aliens, vampires.

When I go to edit her in CAS, and I click on skin details and stuff where the skin is located, everything is highlighted as normal, and yet she has no face.

Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be going on? Her body details are there and everything but her face. and It is an overlay not default

[img][/img]06-21-19_6-54-06PM_zpsifni1axi.png

[img][/img]06-21-19_6-54-14PM_zpsua0ezx1t.png

EDIT: Thank you for the replies, everyone! It seemed no matter what I did even removing my mods folder, it seemed the sim in my library was corrupted.

I ended up finding a fix by doing the whole remove mods again and using an older version of her that I had saved and then re-adding my mods folder back and just applying all the CC I usually use back to her and it transferred to her mermaid state that way.

it is a bit annoying but comes with the price of using CC or even older saved sims ^.^ thank you all!
tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
Post edited by Linnyxx17 on

Comments

• Options
    hannadymond_1hannadymond_1 Posts: 1 New Member
    i have the exact same problem! help would be appreciated
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    not having ever had the issue before doesn't mean you can't have it now. take your stuff out and see
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    some others were having this issue and it was the lashes, try removing those.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Ah, my Sim is having this problem as well. I'll repair the game, then try removing the lashes.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    The most common culprit for this is No Ea Eyelashes. If you still have issues, check this list: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17116992/#Comment_17116992
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Hm... removing No Ea Eyelashes didn't fix it for me. Not that I thought it would since this is only affecting my main Sim. Nalani, for example, is fine.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Hm... removing No Ea Eyelashes didn't fix it for me. Not that I thought it would since this is only affecting my main Sim. Nalani, for example, is fine.

Try the other things listed in my post. And be sure to do the part about deleting localthumbcache and taking your Sim back into CAS.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Try the other things listed in my post. And be sure to do the part about deleting localthumbcache and taking your Sim back into CAS.

Deleting localthumbcache didn't do it either and the only mod I use in that list is Kijiko's eyelashes, which my Sim isn't using. However, for me, I just found out that all male Sims have the face bug, not just mine. Females are fine, but men glitch up. Weird.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Always disable mods and check to see if that fixes it before submitting a bug report. It's definitely your CC, and just because you haven't had the issue before sadly doesn't make you safe. Anything can break at any time.

You need to do the 50/50 method if you can't figure out which one it is.

Also @AHolyToilet I don't think it matters if your sim is using it or not, not sure.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Always disable mods and check to see if that fixes it before submitting a bug report. It's definitely your CC, and just because you haven't had the issue before sadly doesn't make you safe. Anything can break at any time.

You need to do the 50/50 method if you can't figure out which one it is.

Also @AHolyToilet I don't think it matters if your sim is using it or not, not sure.

Whatever the case, I'll definitely do the 50/50 method, then report back on which mod it is. That way, other folks can know what mod could be messing up their mer. May take me a while, though. I'm a CC hoarder. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It was Teanmoon's Mouth Scale Slider. Which is disheartening, since I liked that slider for my black Sims. Oh well.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    Thank you for the replies, everyone! It seemed no matter what I did even removing my mods folder, it seemed the sim in my library was corrupted.

I ended up finding a fix by doing the whole remove mods again and using an older version of her that I had saved and then re-adding my mods folder back and just applying all the CC I usually use back to her and it transferred to her mermaid state that way.

it is a bit annoying but comes with the price of using CC or even older saved sims ^.^ thank you all!
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    gcr2109gcr2109 Posts: 1 New Member
    Well I removed the mermaid trait then moved sims into my household and added trait again. My sim face became normal, didn't have that glitch again. I use MCCC and More CAS Traits for Sims Mod
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    And I oop -

Is it fine now? I think it might be bad cc, try it without then you’ll know for definite :)
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have just had this problem. I've had no trouble with her face until just now.
    I went into CAS to sort outfits out for my child who just grew up. She has 2 editable forms. Mum's a mermaid and her dad is Caleb and I think she is a hybrid because she has the mermaid icon on her needs tab but she is hissing in CAS. I had a bit of trouble with her editing, and she had an invisible face but I fixed that.
    Her mum looked fine until I got out of CAS and she went swimming. She had an invisible face and her shell top turned into a suit jacket (I have no idea how). She does have a skin overlay but I had no trouble with it until now. I removed it though plus the 3d eyelashes but she still has the invisible face.

Edit: I think I found the problem. I have 2 swimsuits set for her. One of them is this one 0MsEf0F.png If I put her in this and make her swim she loses her face and her top changes. d9NSWdt.png
    If she wears the other one the bikini bottoms with the sheer wrap and the twisted top she is fine.
    lzOVuw6.png

Post edited by simm621 on
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder