Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

React in Disgust?

I have a sim that is now a proper celebrity, but she has been doing this even when she was not that high level, everywhere she loads ( any venue except home ) she does a react in disgust. I can't figure out what that means, or maybe why it happens rather. She did do the positivity challenge, so don't know if that has any effect on her actions. My sim also has the loves her fans, so I'm not sure what causes this. Any ideas? It's not a problem, just curious as to why it happens.

Comments

• Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    My sim keeps doing that too. I think its because of the papparazi outside the house
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    My sims kept doing this, I thought it was a bug lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ByrnieByrnie Posts: 7 New Member
    Mine does this too, but he will do it upon traveling to a lot with no one around, or when his best friend comes to his house, it's absolutely annoying. My sim has a full "pristine reputation", is friendly to paparazzi (even the ones that hang out on his home deck. Using mccc I scanned the autonomy, found (what I though was) the action, turned it off, but he still does it, insistently. It's frustrating, don't know if it a bug or another mod causing it to trigger but it is beginning to drive me insane! Glad I'm not the only one with this issue, well I hope it's a bug or a mod issue as it would be an incredibly annoying feature........whew, glad I got that out. Thanks! :smile:
  • Options
    Oh, and he's constantly wanting to talk about fruitcake, which is an option I haven't seen before get famous.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm glad mine isn't the only one, she has self-absorbed so I was not sure if maybe it was that, lol. And on the fruitcake, I know if they eat it and like it they can talk about it, that was there before, but if they have not eaten any I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Ahh the fruitcake thing makes sense, thank you. I don't think I've had a sim eat fruit cake but this one did. Hopefully the random disgust chants end soon. Maybe my sim is becoming senile from spending too much time in CAS and aging, and now he spouts random crap like the elder sims do "bujellja?" anyway, maybe I should just try a new game, this was a new game but I imported the sim. It was an annoying issue at first, but when he spawns on an empty lot after the load screen and just shouts it when there is nothing there it's getting out of hand. lol.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited November 2018
    I wouldnt mind if this were a quirk that I could manage, but its not and its just a side effect of being famous. I dont like it.

Between this and the walk, EA finally found a way to get me to use mods.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Drives me nuts too, and if you have more than one other sim in the household and each time they load at a venue or home they react postively to each other, so if theres 6 folks they each que them each up and no room for adding anything for them to do yourself bc its full, thats annoying lol
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »

You're a life saver <3
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    My Sim keeps doing this. She has reason to though, the majority of my Townies have no face... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Heh it's kinda lame that sims will always react like that. But i remember in sims 2 they did react that way too, ( not always tho) So it's nice for nostalgia. I wish someday we get sims like in sims 2 whit updated graptics <3
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    My sims do it all the time too, even to their spouses and children and when the spouse and children get famous they start to do it too. It's amazing I have happy households, they are all disgusted by each other lol.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    DannyYokDannyYok Posts: 11 New Member
    Me Too! My sims always do it after got 4 star celebrity status. I think it's a bug for sure :(
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    My sims get this too all the time now but there is no moodlet or anything - what are they disgusted at? Everything?
  • Options
    xbooxbooxbearxbooxbooxbear Posts: 2 New Member
    Both my married sims are 4 stars celebrities and they seem to only do it when they're in the same room as each other. I think it might be when celebrities are in the same room as each other??
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Does anyone know why celebs keep doing this? :o
  • Options
    Skitt85Skitt85 Posts: 60 Member
    Yeah, my engaged couple do it to each other once one of them walks in the room. The most irritating part about it for me is every single time they do that, it reverts them back to the celebrity walk so I have to change it, again, to use normal walk. I'm definitely trying out the mod someone posted above.
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited November 2018
    My sim started doing this after getting either the pristine rep, 4 star celeb or the paparazzi darling quirk. I hope it gets fixed. She's meant to be a nice celebrity. :D
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Cheers to @crinrict and @rosemow for the AHQ link and the thread about the "me too" button, respectively. I'm going to lock this now. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top