Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Museum in Del Sol Valley

What are you replacing it with? We are so limited on lot types that I just don't know what to do with it! I already replaced the gym with a restaurant. I don't want a library. And all we have are parks or bars.

I'm at a loss. Maybe I'll make it residential to look like a high end apartment or something with a penthouse?

What are YOU doing with that lot?

Comments

• Options
    davidsaradavidsara Posts: 117 Member
    i myself am tweaking it into a hall of fame style building so same plot type but it will consist of pictures and paintings of celeb human, vampire, alien and pets (if they can be famous?) :)
    also fun fact: most of the art in that default one actually doesn't count as wall art for the painting aspiration "view or admire art in a museum"
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I put a restaurant there. Someone made a really nice Hard Rock Cafe themed restaurant and I thought it fit amazingly.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm replacing it with... well, a movie/acting themed museum. i like the idea, just the build itself needs... a lot of work
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have placed all my career lots in Del Sol Valley. I figured it was a good place for them since they can now get famous in loads of careers.

I have my astronaut centre in place of the little park, the All Star Athlete Training in place of the museum and my office complex for a lot of the other careers.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Thanks guys. I think I've decided to keep the " bones" and current structure because it mirrors the park so well as far as architecture goes. I'm going to turn it residential and create 2 "apartments" in it.
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I know you already decided, but personally I turned it into a huge concert stage where I can put a DJ booth and have people watch my sims perform and dance along. One of my main sims is trying to be a famous DJ so maybe she'll make it up on that stage one day, ahaha.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Shinzen wrote: »
    I know you already decided, but personally I turned it into a huge concert stage where I can put a DJ booth and have people watch my sims perform and dance along. One of my main sims is trying to be a famous DJ so maybe she'll make it up on that stage one day, ahaha.

Do you have pics? From past experience I know "stages" don't work well in the game and sims watching have to be right up on the stage with them. It breaks immersion for me when I try something like that.
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Shinzen wrote: »

Do you have pics? From past experience I know "stages" don't work well in the game and sims watching have to be right up on the stage with them. It breaks immersion for me when I try something like that.

I actually don't have access to my laptop until Friday, but what I did was I made the stage with no way to get on but then shift + right clicked and then picked "teleport here". Normally I would not be able to go there, and this prevents random people from getting up on stage but I still place the dance floor close enough to be in the radius of the music, so it kinda works out!

Alternatively, you could make a really short fence with a gate around the stage and then lock it, but idk, I haven't tried that yet. All I've done so far is just quickly teleport up and it's worth it for how long my sim is performing up there. c:
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I replaced it with a restaurant right off the bat. I never send my sims to museums, so why have a lot type I never use take up space? A fancy restaurant that celebrities frequent was an obvious choice. I was real surprised at myself when I was finished. Usually when Im building on a medium to large lot, it will take up a huge part of the day, but this one practically built itself. I was done with it in basically 3 hours. That's a personal best.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I’m thinking of either replacing it with a restaurant or maybe a building where meet and greets happen, who knows! I’m leaning towards restaurant though!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2018
    I removed my dance club from San Myshuno and put it in Del Sol Valley.
    I wanted a a popular dance club in a city area for my sims in smaller towns could travel to, but I did not like putting it in places where penthouse should be. Del Sol Valley is a perfect setting.
    11-19-18_8-22-08nbspPM.png

I added a third level for VIPs.
    11-19-18_8-22-27nbspPM.png

The bouncer isn't even here yet and someone wants in.
    11-19-18_8-22-48nbspPM.png

It should be a nice escape from crazy fans.
    11-19-18_1-20-46nbspPM.png

I can't wait for my own 3 Star level sims to have access to place, where they can hangout with their entourage, if it works that way.
    11-19-18_1-20-38nbspPM.png

[Update]
    I swapped places.
    My Cybercafe is now where the Museum used to be and my Dance Club is now where Studio BPB used to be.
    11-23-18_2-17-27nbspPM.png

11-21-18_3-31-34nbspPM.png

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I'm still undecided, but this thread has given me some good ideas. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I've changed my mind based on the input in the thread here. I found the perfect build on the gallery and started working on it this morning. It will be a lounge and I will just change one of the other lounges downtown to something else.

Thanks for the input everyone!
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    A multi lot. I havent made a skyscraper in a while and its high time (get it?) I make a new one for the new world. I really enjoy playing multi lots especially with clubs (the function) as I find it easy to make little stories with my sims in them since you can change the lot type on the fly.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    So here's that lot I found on the gallery. I've spent the last couple of days turning it from a museum to a celebrity hot spot....

ctuQdPy.png

tGfuibO.png

rZRMGuq.png

eGVL6mV.png

I then went over and bulldozed the current celeb hot spot so that the awards are held on my lot. I decided to put an arts center there. It seemed fitting for the location so I went on to the gallery and found this one and made a few changes to it:

OrXgvgN.png

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I haven't done this yet, but I'm thinking about turning the museum into a restaurant. The museum will stay the same but I'll enclose the open first level and add a restaurant to it. Then, after a meal, my sims can take a walk around the museum.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    What are you replacing it with? We are so limited on lot types that I just don't know what to do with it! I already replaced the gym with a restaurant. I don't want a library. And all we have are parks or bars.

I'm at a loss. Maybe I'll make it residential to look like a high end apartment or something with a penthouse?

What are YOU doing with that lot?

I'm keeping the museum cause it has a glass roof and a pretty view from the 2nd floor but for anyone wondering what to put there I suggest a nightclub with a DJ booth,dance floor and bar.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've added a restaurant to the Plumbob Picture Museum. I added it to the lower level so your sims can enjoy an experimental meal at the museum. Who knows, you might see a celebrity or two. You can find it at my I.D. #dannydanbo.