Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is fame tied to only Del Sol Valley?

Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
In the blog it says
Each Sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level.
I really hope this isn't the case because no world in sims 4 is big enough to hold all the celebs who will end up in my game.

Comments

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    Thank you -- this is a relief. Their phrasing in the blog post was confusing. Glad to have this clarified.
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    I wouldn't expect it would be.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    So SimGuruGraham states you don't have to travel to Del Sol Valley to gain fame (as an actor/actress?). Doesn't that make it sound like the studio lot is a separate hidden lot like in GTW? You can only go to that studio lot if your Sim works there? That's what it sounds like to me and actually what I was expecting.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    So SimGuruGraham states you don't have to travel to Del Sol Valley to gain fame (as an actor/actress?). Doesn't that make it sound like the studio lot is a separate hidden lot like in GTW? You can only go to that studio lot if your Sim works there? That's what it sounds like to me and actually what I was expecting.

Well, he didn't actually say 'as an actor or actress.' He just said fame. And from what we know so far, there are many different ways to gain fame, so it wouldn't be tied to the world in any way.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2018
    I reckon it's a bit like vampires: Yes, there is a new vampire world, but you don't need to be there to turn to a vampire and vampires do also walk around in the other worlds.

As every sim will get a reputation with this pack (officially confirmed) it'll be your choice what to do with it. Do you want to get more positive reputation until you are famous or would you like to be some kind of Al Capone and get lots of negative reputation? And if none of this, you just keep your neutral reputation.

That's what I'm expecting from this pack.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2018
    In the blog it says
    Each Sim who lives in Del Sol Valley has a Public Image, which is a combination of Reputation and Celebrity Level.
    I really hope this isn't the case because no world in sims 4 is big enough to hold all the celebs who will end up in my game.

I think they're talking about the Del Sol Valley premades. I hope there'll be cheats to add fame/reputation to existing Sims -- I really want to give Eliza Pancakes and Nancy Landgraab slightly shady reps, and Bella Goth has to have some fame because...well, because she's Bella Goth, duh. B)

I'm currently remaking Oasis Springs to be sort of a Palm Springs inspired world -- some Eichlers for the middle class, and high priced houses for the celebs who might want to get out of Del Sol Valley. Two vineyards which I found on the Gallery. Downtown OS has a nightclub, a bowling alley, an arts center and a burger joint. Once I see the lot sizes for DSV I'll think about a spa and a karaoke bar for the new world.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Well, he didn't actually say 'as an actor or actress.' He just said fame. And from what we know so far, there are many different ways to gain fame, so it wouldn't be tied to the world in any way.

I really want to cheat some small fame levels for San Myshuno residents like Penny Pizzazz and Miko Ojo. Maybe some of the Spin Masters in Windenburg as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Me too. After seeing a new pic from Simcamp it sort of makes me think it's a hidden world or lot.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I really want to cheat some small fame levels for San Myshuno residents like Penny Pizzazz and Miko Ojo. Maybe some of the Spin Masters in Windenburg as well.

I'm eager to see the fame levels of the premades coming with the game. I'd like to see how sims react to them without having to wait until my sim reaches a certain level of fame.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't think so. And hopefully this pack includes the fame cheats!

Both of these questions have been asked and answered so many times already. I don't know why people are still posting in this thread. We already have an answer.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner