Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the gallery hide "flagged" content by default?

I noticed today that my settings are not hiding flagged content on the Gallery. Is this the default setting?

Comments

• Options
    SchnuckSchnuck Posts: 20 Member
    I've noticed that when I check the box to hide reported content over half of my lots were flagged including my Maxis Fav from months ago - I have people tell me that they can't find certain lots of mine -never dawned on me that those lots are probably reported and the person has 'hide reported content' checked .. What is the default and is the flag button being used maliciously?
  • Options
    MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    Schnuck wrote: »
    ... is the flag button being used maliciously?

oh no! That's awful, who would do something like that? I wonder if default is set to show everything. Does anybody know?
  • Options
    I just checked and some of mine are also hidden with the switch to hide reported content set to ON.
  • Options
    ThmDoveThmDove Posts: 47 Member
    It seems that some people are maliciously flagging items for no reason. There is a lot of abuse on the gallery that is unfair to people who just enjoy uploading and having fun. Some people use the gallery to relieve stress and it becomes stressful when someone is targeting them for no reason. Does EA actually look at why the content is flagged? Would this not be the best option? Why should we not be able to find our own content because of someone being petty or spiteful for no reason. Lots of people have left the gallery for these reasons.
  • Options
    What is the default and is the flag button being used maliciously?

I guess default is set to off, thank goodness.

• Options
    I know maliciously flagging is against the gallery's TOS - so what is actually done about repeat flaggers ? They just get to keep on flagging stuff for no good reason?
  • Options
    I know maliciously flagging is against the gallery's TOS - so what is actually done about repeat flaggers ? They just get to keep on flagging stuff for no good reason?
    Good Question!
  • Options
    13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    I'm being flagged too. Even my maxis faves are hidden now when hide reported content is checked. I contacted support about this issue and this was their answer:

"Thank you for contacting EA help.

Dear gamer, I understand your concern regarding the missing content from gallery in Sims 4 & how frustrating it feels when such incidents happens.

There is no glitch as of now in the game. It seems that some one is specifically targeting you & report your achievements. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to retrieve the lost content as it is all in game algorithm.

The best I would suggest you is to look on who is reporting your achievements as tracking that person won't be possible from our end.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com, or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com.

Thank you again for contacting EA help."

So if they can't track the simmer flagging. How would I be able to do that? :'(
  • Options
    > @13Vader said:

> So if they can't track the simmer flagging. How would I be able to do that? :'(

Right?!! How are you supposed to know who's flagging you? Ridiculous. I posted about this in the Answer HQ Forum and got a slightly better response -I did suggest they unflag the reported upload after it checks out w/o the possibility of it being flagged again - if it was flagged unfairly it shouldn't be considered flagged months later.

Atleast Hide reported content isn't the default setting - I would guess a lot of people aren't even aware of the setting.
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    13Vader wrote: »
    I'm being flagged too. Even my maxis faves are hidden now when hide reported content is checked. I contacted support about this issue and this was their answer:

"Thank you for contacting EA help.

Dear gamer, I understand your concern regarding the missing content from gallery in Sims 4 & how frustrating it feels when such incidents happens.

There is no glitch as of now in the game. It seems that some one is specifically targeting you & report your achievements. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to retrieve the lost content as it is all in game algorithm.

The best I would suggest you is to look on who is reporting your achievements as tracking that person won't be possible from our end.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Should you have any further questions regarding this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can also find answers to common questions on our Help Center at http://help.ea.com, or ask our community experts by visiting Answer HQ at http://answers.ea.com.

Thank you again for contacting EA help."

That is very unfortunate and good point! Shouldn't they be able to see who flagged it? There is no way for us to know. I would be asking them the same question :#
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    edited October 2018
    i love flagging items for no reason!
    my goal is to flag the whole gallery, but i think thats gonna take a minute.
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    13Vader wrote: »

maybe u should contact a spiritual guide
  • Options
    13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2018
    > @13Vader said:
    Right?!! How are you supposed to know who's flagging you? Ridiculous. I posted about this in the Answer HQ Forum and got a slightly better response -I did suggest they unflag the reported upload after it checks out w/o the possibility of it being flagged again - if it was flagged unfairly it shouldn't be considered flagged months later.

Atleast Hide reported content isn't the default setting - I would guess a lot of people aren't even aware of the setting.

I saw your thread in Answer HQ after reading this. I'm the one who checked "Me Too". I didn't find it when I was searching so I opened another thread (Why are those shares flagged?) So far nothing helpful from their side.

@Hesreal2me, thank you!
    @SheriGR, Hello here too!
    @Kali_Durga I think a hacker would be better :p
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @13Vader Hello back! After chatting on your other thread I went on here last night and saw this thread and glanced through the chat and saw a quote from your note (but not your username) and thought 'Wow, it looks like the same message. Are they sending out that as a blanket response?' So I went to add a link to your other post so folks could rally on it a bit ( ;) ) and after posting saw your post and name. Wow. It was late and about a couple of hours after I should have gotten off the computer due to time and a migraine. Tried to delete it but it won't let you, so that explains my 5 dots..... (requires you leave 5 characters to remove the last text.) :D Hahaha... but 'hi' anyway!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I have the same problem and I joined this discussion https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Hide-Reported-Content-amp-Flag-Abuse/m-p/7097671#M124973 to understand what is happening. There are also screenshots.

Yes, do that. Also, this other discussion on EA Answers HQ has rather exploded yesterday and today.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Why-are-those-shares-flagged/td-p/7097743

@SILVIAEGIGIZINI A guide there also suggested going to the link you shared to add your complaints, documentation, monitor where it is being more heard/monitored by those who can possibly help (Maxis Guru): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Hide-Reported-Content-amp-Flag-Abuse/m-p/7097671#M124973
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    @Marjia @Schnuck I am still not able to find many of my lots in the Gallery after them being flagged. I checked to see that the "Hide reported content" option was not checked, which it wasn't, but the lots that were flagged are still not showing up. I tried searching for my Zoo on the gallery and was unable to locate it with any type of search. I can find it in my gallery catalog, but it does not show up in the general Gallery no matter how much I search for it.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    @Marjia @Schnuck I am still not able to find many of my lots in the Gallery after them being flagged.

I swear the same thing happens to me. Default setting is not to hide them. No idea why this happens. Very frustrating.