Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Seasons does it lag?

So, even though I said to myself I wouldn't buy another sims 4 dlc because the game doesn't work right, I was looking at seasons and just considering it, my question is does the weather effects and seasons in general cause more fps drops/lag/stuttering etc. or does it not have an effect on performance?
Specs:
i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition: GTX 1080 8GB
16GB RAM
2 x 1TB HDD - Toshiba @ 7200 Rpm

maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I haven't noticed anything.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    There is still a degree of input lag in the game, but not more than there was prior to the Seasons-based patches or content.
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    If you have a good computer with a good graphics card then there is no difference in the game.
    For weak computers, each new addition is a challenge.
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    slydog857slydog857 Posts: 68 Member
    Thank you for the replies so quickly :)

I do struggle to get smooth 60fps in Live Mode with my rig, but I guess at this point the shaking and stuttering is not going to be fixed, but I just wanted to know if this would get worse with seasons. Thank you again!
    Specs:
    i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition: GTX 1080 8GB
    16GB RAM
    2 x 1TB HDD - Toshiba @ 7200 Rpm

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I'm on a low end computer. I made 8 seasons videos on my youtube channel, there you can see for yourself (quality might be slightly compressed by youtube though, looks better on my monitor.

My computer has integrated vid card with no extra ram. The harddisc was 98% full when I recorded those videos, and I was probably running a handful programs in the background like I normally do, including 2 web browsers with about 15 open tabs. I have all the EPs installed + a handful GPs/SPs.

I'm more than happy with the graphics, it could be a little choppy but now that I cleared my harddisc that's no longer an issue. So I'd say if your computer is not too old (mine is cheap, and 3-4 years old), and there is free disc space, you should do fine.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2018
    slydog857 wrote: »
    So, even though I said to myself I wouldn't buy another sims 4 dlc because the game doesn't work right, I was looking at seasons and just considering it, my question is does the weather effects and seasons in general cause more fps drops/lag/stuttering etc. or does it not have an effect on performance?

There is simulation lag (the ingame time going backwards in ultra speed, Sims standing unresponsive and restaurantstaff standing around doing nothing to name a few) it seems to vary in serverity from player to player, it is pretty bad for me and it is for many others.

I have not experienced any performance lag because of Seasons. I think if you are above the rec. requirments you shouldn't have any issues.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    As some others have said, I still get some simulation lag from time to time but it's no worse or better than my pre-seasons game was. The weather doesn't seem to have any affect on actual game play for me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Not a lot of lag, but definitely A LOT of bugs that will probably make you go crazy (if you're someone who likes an expansion pack to fully function properly with the features/content it has to offer).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg