Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else having problems with roof decor? (seasons)

Banners applied to friezes / roofs in my game dont wrap all the way around roofs. There are big chunks missing. Anyone know why?

Comments

• Options
    VariableVariable Posts: 18 Member
    Same issue here. SimsGuruNick also tweeted there's an error resulting in roof textures applying to eaves, which they're aware of and tracking, so wonder if it might be related?
  • Options
    SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    Maybe? I hope they fix it soon because the decorations are one of my favorite parts. Maybe its only in Windenburg tho? I havnt tried other worlds yet.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,908 Member
    Yes!! I have the same problem :(
  • Options
    Simetery wrote: »
    Maybe? I hope they fix it soon because the decorations are one of my favorite parts. Maybe its only in Windenburg tho? I havnt tried other worlds yet.

No, my sims live in Brindleton Bay and I have that problem too!
  • Options
    Here is a pic of it.
    33ljfo9.png
  • Options
    haecandromehaecandrome Posts: 19 Member
    Having this problem as well. I think it's a Mac issue? There's a post over on the EA Answers HQ site for it, it might be worth going there and clicking the "me too" button so the Sims team can see it's affecting lots of players. Here's a link to the post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Seasons-outside-decor-applying-patchy-to-roofs/m-p/6881615
  • Options
    Having this problem as well. I think it's a Mac issue? There's a post over on the EA Answers HQ site for it, it might be worth going there and clicking the "me too" button so the Sims team can see it's affecting lots of players. Here's a link to the post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Seasons-outside-decor-applying-patchy-to-roofs/m-p/6881615

Ah yep I am on mac. Lame. you would think they would test this?? I hope they fix soon.
  • Options
    CitizenMoxieCitizenMoxie Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm having the same problem and I play the game on a Mac. I hope they fix this soon. Decorations seem to render well on fences but eaves are really patchy. I don't know if it's related but I've also found that some of the roofs themselves look a little glitchy on the edges at times.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited July 2018
    I haven't noticed that happening, but I have a problem with the decorations not leaving after the season is up. I still have Love Day decorations showing up on public lots in one save, even though it's well into Winter by now.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    I was hoping the update today would fix the patchy eave decor but its still there :/ This is a pretty big part of this expansion rendered almost completely useless for mac users.
  • Options
    MacAllenMacAllen Posts: 150 Member
    Roof decorations have lights? Can I get a hint where they might be? Trying to decorate my home for winterfest and am clueless where those string/roof lights might be. Help?
  • Options
    MacAllen wrote: »
    Roof decorations have lights? Can I get a hint where they might be? Trying to decorate my home for winterfest and am clueless where those string/roof lights might be. Help?

You have to buy the "Attic Stack Decoration Box" in buy mode (you should be able to find it by just searching "attic") and place it down then have your sim click it to decorate. You can decorate eaves / fences / friezes etc.
  • Options
    labradorsimslabradorsims Posts: 1 New Member
    Disappointed as well, hopefully they will fix the issue soon. I was looking forward to the holiday lights and banners
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I have a pc and having the problems as well. Decorations are there, just spotty in some places.
  • Options
    sims_nataliesims_natalie Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm on a mac and I have the same problem. Everything works except for the eaves. Its patchy just like the picture. Do any of you have mods? Because I do and it might be because of the mods I haven't removed my mods to check.
  • Options
    I'm on a mac and I have the same problem. Everything works except for the eaves. Its patchy just like the picture. Do any of you have mods? Because I do and it might be because of the mods I haven't removed my mods to check.

I do have mods but ive also loaded the game mod-free to test and its still patchy :/
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm also experiencing this bug, and I'm also on a Mac

ktsvT1C.png
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,701 Member
    Is the roof decor the same as the indoor garlands and things, as I couldn't find any particular outdoor garlands?
    MLgj4Vx.png