Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are You Doing First?! - Seasons

So it's almost time, the seasons will be upon us tomorrow! Just curious to see which seasons everyone will choose to start off and what are you gonna plan first on your calendar?

My favorite season is fall but I think I want to start off with summer. I want to plan a pool party/bbq and invite some of the neighbors. I can't wait to get started and then after that maybe a sports event to watch since I just built a nice home with a pretty neat entertaining area!
"Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m currently setting up holidays
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    @Chazzzy Nice! I'm thinking of some new ones I might want to create in my head
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Im gonna start with spring really, then the transitions will be more exciting for me. Ill start with my sim Kathleen Hummingbird, she loves gardening and she might a passion for flowers. After a "year" she will try to open up a flower shop in windenburg and maybe find some love =P

Thats my plan for now xD
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    Gonna start with summer, since I have a toddler in one of my families that I wanna try the kiddie pool with.
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm going to start by setting up holidays, too. I've already figured out a way to assign traits based on when the Sim is born.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT did you figure out something on your own to assign those traits? Sounds like a pretty cool idea! :o
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Since I’ll be away from my computer for a couple weeks after today I’ve got to start in fall so I can experience a bigger difference. I think I’ll throw a spooky party and mess around with the new cas items first
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I just started the runaway teen challenge to test the winter seasons with all its effects. It's pretty hard to survive especially if you have nothing to wear in cold :naughty:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm going to play one of my families that has a toddler and teen.....& try out the Gardening Career for the dad, since he's a stay-at-home dad anyways & does archaeology. I want to get him into flower arranging & then I'll be giving Retail another shot selling floral arrangements and relics & omiscan treasures. Will be planning some events and parties on the calendar such as a playdate. Will be setting up a holiday for Spooky Day & want to do some trick or treating & have a Costume party. & the teen....I will be enrolling her in Scouts. So much stuff to do and try. I'm super excited :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    xKay_luvx wrote: »
    @MVWdeZT did you figure out something on your own to assign those traits? Sounds like a pretty cool idea! :o

Yes, I have my own "zodiac" system:

1st half of spring -- Penguin, toddler Angelic, then cheerful
    2nd half of spring Llama, toddler Charmer, then romantic
    1st half of summer Dog, toddler Clingy, then gloomy
    2nd half of summer Womrat, toddler Fussy, then hot-headed
    1st half of fall Cat, toddler Independent, then self-assured
    2nd half of fall Raccoon, toddler Inquisitive, then genius
    1st half of winter Freezer Bunny, toddler Silly, then goofball
    2nd half of winter Bear, toddler Wild, then active

Haven't decided how to assign the rest of the traits, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    I'll be starting with Summer and then rotating from there. I cant wait to see how the calendar works. 2 more hours to go!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    Turning auto age back on and have my toddler enjoy the kiddie pool, then begin the plot to kill my sims husband
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ahhh! That's so neat! Love it!
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    xKay_luvx wrote: »

Yes, I have my own "zodiac" system:

1st half of spring -- Penguin, toddler Angelic, then cheerful
    2nd half of spring Llama, toddler Charmer, then romantic
    1st half of summer Dog, toddler Clingy, then gloomy
    2nd half of summer Womrat, toddler Fussy, then hot-headed
    1st half of fall Cat, toddler Independent, then self-assured
    2nd half of fall Raccoon, toddler Inquisitive, then genius
    1st half of winter Freezer Bunny, toddler Silly, then goofball
    2nd half of winter Bear, toddler Wild, then active

Haven't decided how to assign the rest of the traits, but you get the idea.
  • Options
    That escalated quickly :o
    Turning auto age back on and have my toddler enjoy the kiddie pool, then begin the plot to kill my sims husband

• Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    I probably going to start 4 new save games and start each off with a different season to get a feel of them. The first season will be winter.