The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspiration Question

3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
For the Family Aspiration to Marry off Six Children do the weddings need to take place with the sim being married still in the household of the sim with the aspiration or can I move them out to their own household and then get them married and still have it count? Does the sim with the aspiration need to physically attend the wedding for it to count and do I need to be controlling them at the time it happens for it to count towards their LTW?

Sorry to ask so many questions but there's still so much about Sims 2 I don't know and I really don't want to go through the trouble of raising 6 kids only to do something to mess it up and make it so the aspiration is not completed. Family Sims...lol.
~ ~ ~

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    edited November 2017
    No, they won't need to be there. You see, sims get memories of their relatives getting engaged and married, even if they don't attend their weddings. To fulfill the lifetime want, that sim don't have to be in the same household. If you do that and return to that sim's family, you'll see that the sim has the memory of fulfilling the lifetime want and have the aspiration bar be on the platimum and stay that way (Fulfilling a fear will still decrease it, but I'll return to the platimum after some time). What will you also notice is that sim gets a new lifetime want.
    If you get a career one and the sim is an elder, you can't fulfill it as elders can only join the part-time careers and only have full-time careers if they had one in their adulthood (so they can keep going to work or retire).

Oh, and your sim will also get a lot of aspiration points. Check the Aspiration Reward store (chest icon) to see what you can get, but do remember that these rewards may backfire when your sim uses it with low aspiration bar.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    You can also have one sim marry six different Sims and have it work. The game isn't able to distinguish between 6 kids marrying 1 Sim each and 1 Sim marrying 6 different Sims.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Thank you all for the help! Being able to move them out and have them get married on their own lots but still have it count will help a lot with space issues.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Essentially, the sim with that LTW needs to get the [relative] got married memory six times, just as a sim who wants 6 grandchildren needs to get the memory of a grandchild being born 6 times.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    RunwithoutrestraintRunwithoutrestraint Posts: 3 New Member
    Ive been trying to fill the LTW of my sim who wants 6 grandchildren. She has memory of 8 grandchildren (4 single and 2 sets of twins) but she still hasnt fulfilled it. Any idea why?

Also any clue on how the Golden Anniversary LTW works? When my grandfather clicks on the phone to have a party, theres no "Golden" Anniversary option. Will it just show up eventually?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Ive been trying to fill the LTW of my sim who wants 6 grandchildren. She has memory of 8 grandchildren (4 single and 2 sets of twins) but she still hasnt fulfilled it. Any idea why?

Also any clue on how the Golden Anniversary LTW works? When my grandfather clicks on the phone to have a party, theres no "Golden" Anniversary option. Will it just show up eventually?

Hmm... Let's see.
    Have you checked if your sim has the memory of fulfilling the LTW? Sims should get memory if they fulfill it and the old one will be replaced with the new lifetime reward. The grandchildren memory should come as soon as sim meets their grandchild.
    Also, do your sim have platinum aspiration bar? If yes, does it raise back to platinum after fullfilling a fear? This state is called permanent platinum state also known as perma platinum. This happens after sim's LTW is fulfilled, when the lifetime aspiration bar is full or after wishing Peace of Mind from the genie. In that state, sim's aspiration bar is forever on platinum and will get back there after fulfilling a fear.

About golden anniversary: The Golden Anniversary is a party type that can be thrown when two married elders got married when they both were adults. When your sim got married, were they both adults or was one of them an elder?

Also, please tell me if you run The Sims 2 on the discs or run The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from the Origin. If you run it on the disc, what expansion packs do you have? This knowledge also helps me to help you.
  • Options
    My sim still has the same LTW (6 grandchildren) and her aspiration isnt perma platinum. She doesnt have a memory of fulfilling her LTW either, even though she has memories of 6+ grandchildren. Thats what confuses me. They dont all live on the same house as my sim but if my sim has met them all, I figure it would fulfill that.

I created the sims as adult 'roomies'. They married as adults and have been together into elder stage. Neither of them have cheated, which I read might affect it..?
    Right after my sims turned into adults, I threw them an anniversary party but didnt realize it had to be "Golden" to achieve the LTW but that doesnt come up.

I run a disc for the Seasons expansion pack.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    You can also have one sim marry six different Sims and have it work. The game isn't able to distinguish between 6 kids marrying 1 Sim each and 1 Sim marrying 6 different Sims.

Whoaaa game changer
  • Options
    My sim still has the same LTW (6 grandchildren) and her aspiration isnt perma platinum. She doesnt have a memory of fulfilling her LTW either, even though she has memories of 6+ grandchildren. Thats what confuses me. They dont all live on the same house as my sim but if my sim has met them all, I figure it would fulfill that.

I created the sims as adult 'roomies'. They married as adults and have been together into elder stage. Neither of them have cheated, which I read might affect it..?
    Right after my sims turned into adults, I threw them an anniversary party but didnt realize it had to be "Golden" to achieve the LTW but that doesnt come up.

I run a disc for the Seasons expansion pack.

Have you updated the game to the latest version? If not, here's a link to the latest patch (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Apartment_Life/Patch).
  • Options
    Ill try that, thanks!
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    I think Cyjon might have made a mod for that LTW cause there can be a bug with it. If not him maybe Pescado?