May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Families Disappear in Strangetown

BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,212 Member
Vanilla game. Decided to go in and play in Strangetown however only one family there.
The Smiths.
No Nervous or Ophelia. The brothers. Nada. Bin families are okay.

I was playing before in another hood and decided to check out Strangetown again. When i saw them missing I reinstalled the game in case it
was because of cc. But obviously not.
Has this happened to anyone else? Pleasantville was okay and I am going back in to check the others but thought i would stop and ask.
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

Comments

• Options
    theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    Aliens. It is Strangetown after all lol.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    Unfortunately a family is missing from Desirado (sp) and I don't remember the pet store being close to the beach in that town either but could be wrong on that one.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Third Times the charm. Seems i left files in document folder when uninstalled. Should have remembered that one, mind its been a few years.
    So far so good. All have returned only to be abducted at some point of course.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    @bluegayle_ Anytime you get sims that disappear from a hood it means that that hood is corrupted. and since all the maxis hoods come shipped chock full of corruption to begin with, you can start to see the corruption from the get go. especially if you do any VBTs as well like deleting sims or moving them from one hood to another or into the lot bin. The best way to counteract this is to download and install Tarlia's cleaned up hoods as she fixed alot of the corruption that the hoods start with especially Strangetown. You can get them here http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
  • Options
    Thankyou @FearlessButterfly what i did though was when i uninstalled than again installed I had left the original in my documents. So when i started up game it was still old files. All good now. I never did have any problems years ago with hoods corrupting but handy to have link just in case.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg