The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple Pleasantviews?

rebeccarebecca Posts: 62 Member
So recently I've really been interested in The Sim's storyline, meaning I'm starting to mainly focus my games on the Goths, Caliente Sisters, Don Lothario, etc. But one thing that's prohibiting me from starting any storyline I want to in TS2 is that I can only do one storyline. Like in TS3/4, you have different saves that all start out the same, but not in TS2. So what I'm wondering is if there's a way for me to have multiple Pleasantviews, Strangetowns, etc? I really only play with my own personal sims in Belladonna Cove and the town that came with Seasons I can't remember the name of, so I just was curious if I could have multiple towns where I can play out multiple stories that aren't connected. If anyone could let me know I'd be so grateful! Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 974 Member
    Not really. It is possible to have several storylines in each neighborhood, but they tend to intervene with each other.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    rebecca wrote: »
    So recently I've really been interested in The Sim's storyline, meaning I'm starting to mainly focus my games on the Goths, Caliente Sisters, Don Lothario, etc. But one thing that's prohibiting me from starting any storyline I want to in TS2 is that I can only do one storyline. Like in TS3/4, you have different saves that all start out the same, but not in TS2. So what I'm wondering is if there's a way for me to have multiple Pleasantviews, Strangetowns, etc? I really only play with my own personal sims in Belladonna Cove and the town that came with Seasons I can't remember the name of, so I just was curious if I could have multiple towns where I can play out multiple stories that aren't connected. If anyone could let me know I'd be so grateful! Thanks

Yes, it's actually very easy and I have this in my game. You can have multiple saves, but it takes up HDD space, which is trivial nowadays, just get a cheap 32-64GB flash drive and you'll have enough space to last you the rest of your life even if you have hundreds of parallel sim universes! OK, here's how you do it:

1. Open your game path's Neighborhoods folder (same folder as your Downloads folder) which is usually in a directory under your Documents folder -- example: C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountName\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods

2. Copy the neighborhood of the game you just played and saved into a different directory with your description. Now you have a permanent parallel simverse. It's really that easy.

3. If you want to go back and play that saved game, copy (don't move it... trust me! that way you'll always be able to start over from that point) that game back into the Neighborhoods directory and rename it to the proper hood name.

Example:
    N004 is my custom hood Crescent View. I have a sim who I'm not sure if I want her to marry guy A or B, so I want to see both play out. I save the game like the instructions above before any proposals are made. I name the folder N004_Taylor_Premarriage in my SavedHoods directory. And then I reopen the game and have Guy A propose. I play until my heart's content and when I'm done. I save this latest copy as N004_Taylor_Marries_William in my SavedHoods. Then I delete the N004 directory in my Neighborhoods directory and copy N004_Taylor_Premarriage back into the game directory as N004. I open it up and viola, Guy B is ready to make his move. :sweat_smile:

You can save as many versions of your game as you like, whenever you like. Just make sure that you save your game and close it before making the copies (you can't move in use files in Windows).

I'm a legacy player so I save my game every time a new generational sim is born and right before every generational sim ages up. I also create parallel worlds for posed story shots... like dream sequences or for shots that might change my sims gameplay relationships in a way contrary to my story. I've even done backflash sequences with saved hoods. It's awesome!

Hope this information helps. Happy simming!
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Oh BTW:
    N001 is PleasantView
    N002 is StrangeTown
    N003 is Veronaville

N00other are custom hoods and will vary by number, especially if you download hoods.
  • Options
    rebeccarebecca Posts: 62 Member
    rebecca wrote: »

Yes, it's actually very easy and I have this in my game. You can have multiple saves, but it takes up HDD space, which is trivial nowadays, just get a cheap 32-64GB flash drive and you'll have enough space to last you the rest of your life even if you have hundreds of parallel sim universes! OK, here's how you do it:

1. Open your game path's Neighborhoods folder (same folder as your Downloads folder) which is usually in a directory under your Documents folder -- example: C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountName\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods

2. Copy the neighborhood of the game you just played and saved into a different directory with your description. Now you have a permanent parallel simverse. It's really that easy.

3. If you want to go back and play that saved game, copy (don't move it... trust me! that way you'll always be able to start over from that point) that game back into the Neighborhoods directory and rename it to the proper hood name.

Example:
    N004 is my custom hood Crescent View. I have a sim who I'm not sure if I want her to marry guy A or B, so I want to see both play out. I save the game like the instructions above before any proposals are made. I name the folder N004_Taylor_Premarriage in my SavedHoods directory. And then I reopen the game and have Guy A propose. I play until my heart's content and when I'm done. I save this latest copy as N004_Taylor_Marries_William in my SavedHoods. Then I delete the N004 directory in my Neighborhoods directory and copy N004_Taylor_Premarriage back into the game directory as N004. I open it up and viola, Guy B is ready to make his move. :sweat_smile:

You can save as many versions of your game as you like, whenever you like. Just make sure that you save your game and close it before making the copies (you can't move in use files in Windows).

I'm a legacy player so I save my game every time a new generational sim is born and right before every generational sim ages up. I also create parallel worlds for posed story shots... like dream sequences or for shots that might change my sims gameplay relationships in a way contrary to my story. I've even done backflash sequences with saved hoods. It's awesome!

Hope this information helps. Happy simming!

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2017
    Or if you want to have separate neighbourhoods you can download pleasantview as a shopping district here: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html you should be using these cleaned up hoods anyway instead of the maxis ones that come with the game as they are all corrupted from the start especially strangetown. And there is also Marka's beginning hoods on modthesims http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521653 which he has done for all the maxis hoods and has them as shopping districts as well.