Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

...or else!

City Living. I just got the expansion today. For my sim's aspiration I need to achieve level 3 of the singing skill. It was around 5 AM when I had my sim start singing twinkle twinkle. My neighbor clearly didn't appreciate the sounds that were being emitted from her mouth and being created by her vocal cords. The text box came up saying "Keep it down...or else!"
My question is, what is "or else"? What happens if I get to the "or else" stage? Also do I have a certain number of strikes until I get to that "or else" stage? Also, what are the respectable hours to be making such noises, because apparently it's not 5 in the morning.
7wjjB5a.gif

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    About the only negative thing I have ever seen when irritating the neighbors is a drop in their relationship. I even had one neighbor tell my sim that she better watch out, and that they won't forget, and that was the end of it.
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    They don't usually do anything. I guess if it get bad enough they might complain to the landlord and have them come talk to your sim but I haven't seen that yet.
  • Options
    14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member
    Mine had a fight with his neighbors, I can't remember who initiated it though.

I think it's 10pm to 6am.
    B6dXq3o.png
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    It didn't matter what time of day, my neighbour always complained about. every. little. thing.
    Even when my sims had dinner he complained about the noise at 4pm.
    But to make it ironic, he frequently had loud music and whoohoo in the middle of the night which always made my sims very angry.
    One of them nearly died from enragement.

I decided to be cruel and delete the neighbour and ahhh peace :D
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    It didn't matter what time of day, my neighbour always complained about. every. little. thing.
    Even when my sims had dinner he complained about the noise at 4pm.
    But to make it ironic, he frequently had loud music and whoohoo in the middle of the night which always made my sims very angry.
    One of them nearly died from enragement.

I decided to be cruel and delete the neighbour and ahhh peace :D

Honestly, apartments are better without neighbors. Either don't buy a karaoke machine, TV, and radio, or just don't live in one.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Hmmm. I might just start having sims live in apartments just for the neighbourly rivalry.
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I just cannot deal with the begging to hangout with my sim and so on. I think I will make a feisty, mischievous, evil sim so that I may be able to start some rivalries, too. Awesome idea @calaprfy
    It will be most active after I get home from a rough day and I want to pick on someone.