Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the Cowplant eat a sim thats not in your household?

Like if the cowplant is hungry and has the cake tongue out will any passing sims take the bait or do you need to add them to the household then get them eaten ?

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If the cowplant and it has it's tongue out anyone currently on your lot can take it. That could be household members or sims you have invited to the lot. They can and will get eaten if they take the cake sometimes with permanent results sometimes they'll get spit back out but there is a chance they can get eaten.

Sims who are just wandering around the neighborhood won't approach the plant to try and take the cake. At least I have never, ever seen any passing by sim try to do so. I don't think the lots are set up to allow random people to wander onto them like that. Now I'm not sure how this pretains to Sims that are coming to your door to knock on it but haven't been interacted with or invited in by a household member. Technically they're loaded onto your lot so they might, possibly be able to go to the cowplant and take the cake but...I've not personally seen it so I can't say for sure.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Ok thank you :)
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2017
    More cow plant questions?

I have a community garden on a generic lot.
    If I plant a cow plant, will it grow?
    If it does, will it have the animations like it has on a house lot?
    Will it need to be fed often?
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

I wish someone would try this. I'm not home or I would try it. Interested to know. It would be fun to watch the plant eat and spit out random sims. :D
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member

I haven't attempted to plant one in a park or community garden, but I did plant one at the Science lab when my Sim worked there and it frequently ate his coworkers. I suspect it would work about the same on any community lot.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options

What I found out:

I couldn't plant a cow berry but I was able to get a fully grown cow plant from "mcrudd" on the gallery under rooms. (sorry I can't do a link.)
    The plant has all the animations as on a residential lot.
    It will need to be fed, and the other plants taken care of, so it will probably require frequent trips to the lot.
  • Options
    Yes.
    The townies/NPC do walk onto the lot and interact with the cow plant. It just ate and spit out one of my townie/NPC vampires.
    The trick now is keeping it alive.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    edited March 2017

What I found out:

I couldn't plant a cow berry but I was able to get a fully grown cow plant from "mcrudd" on the gallery under rooms. (sorry I can't do a link.)
    The plant has all the animations as on a residential lot.
    It will need to be fed, and the other plants taken care of, so it will probably require frequent trips to the lot.

Hello
    This is the link to a room uploaded by mcrudd that contains a grown cow plant :)

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E51ADD76EDA811E6886BA77867244042

Thankyou for posting the results of your testing :)
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I planted a cow plant in one of the neighborhood parks. I can get (usually homeless) sims to get chewed up, but they are always spit out. The only way to kill a sim and get the nectar is if that get eaten twice. Which presents a problem.

The cow plant doesn't stick the cake back out immediately, and by the time they do, the uncomfortably nibbled on sim has usually left.

I have found cowplants to be real puppy dogs. They aren't as frightening (or as useful) as one might hope.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    My Legacy family has a "pet" Cowplant named Poppy and I love her but she's definitely mostly just an overgrown puppy. My main goal is to just keep her alive for as long as my legacy lasts (she sort of replaces the Tree from the Sims 2 version of the Legacy Challenge) not to have her eat people. She did get a hold of my current generation Legacy spouse he was apparently hungry when he moved into the household and in the time it took to load in with my heiress he decided to go out and take the cake and was eaten though thankfully she spat him back out and now I have some flirty essence if I should need it. I really don't want her eating my legacy sims (or dying) so she gets fed almost as soon as she puts her cake out.

Your best bet to get one to eat someone permanently is to trap a sim with low hunger in a room with them.
    ~ ~ ~