Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy and the Potion of Youth

Can I safely give my Sim potion of youth while pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure, but I do know if it is not safe, the game won't let you give it to them. Personally I would wait until after the pregnancy is over, because the aging bar is a bit messed up while a sim is pregnant.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited November 2016
    Cheers. I have considered waiting but I am also concerned that her age bar is full and her pregnancy rolls over in the evenings. Last thing I want is for her to give birth and age up on me before I have a chance to give her the potion.
  • Options
    sassy_simmer727sassy_simmer727 Posts: 87 Member
    edited November 2016
    I would say save the game before drinking it then drink it. If the game messes up, just exit without saving and the game will restore and you will have your answer.
    Happy simming to all and to all a good night.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2016
    Don't worry about the full age bar during pregnancy, it will go back to normal after they give birth. I'm not sure why it does this, but I remember getting very worried when I saw this happen to my own sim the first time. It happens to all pregnant sims in sims 4. I just now remembered the first time I saw this happen to one of mine, I did give her the youth potion, it was ok, but you won't need to.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Don't worry about the full age bar during pregnancy, it will go back to normal after they give birth. I'm not sure why it does this, but I remember getting very worried when I saw this happen to my own sim the first time. It happens to all pregnant sims in sims 4. I just now remembered the first time I saw this happen to one of mine, I did give her the youth potion, it was ok, but you won't need to.

It does this because it's a constraint that they put on pregnant sims in the game in order to prevent them from aging up. Pregnant sims do not age without mods.

I think the main reason is because elders aren't (normally) allowed to be pregnant and so letting a sim age up mid-pregnancy could cause issues.