Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Circles

It would be cool to have circular options when it comes to building for our sims. I would love to be able to make a circular brick wall to put a garden bed in. Or even perhaps to be able to make a circular room in my house.
The building platform is a grid. So the way to determine where the circle will be built and how big it will be built could be done similar to how it is done in some CAD programs - by selecting where on the grid the centre of the circle is, then next selecting a point on the circumference.
Any body else have circles on the mind?

Comments

• Options
    AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2009
    Yes! That would be great to have circular walls option! We could make a castle with a tower and a spiral stairs inside ^___^ (when they give us spiral stairs of course...) So I'm all for it! =) Plus it would be a cool feature for a fance! A lot more opportunities to beautify a garden :D
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited November 2009
    You can make circle shaped houses
    15n0h76.png
    Well sorta:XD:

Yeah it would be a good idea if you could make proper circles8)
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2009
    Poppy last i checked thats an Octagon. I think having rounded walls would be awesome . I also want Dormers back
  • Options
    EverestriderEverestrider Posts: 297 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Im all for it aswell, but how will funeture fit? it would like bend a little at the start of the cirle(wait, circles dont have starts) well it would have to bend all the way round a little, youldn't that get a little confusing?
  • Options
    fireflymommafireflymomma Posts: 62 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Im all for it aswell, but how will funeture fit? it would like bend a little at the start of the cirle(wait, circles dont have starts) well it would have to bend all the way round a little, youldn't that get a little confusing?

Most round rooms I can think of make a point to not place furniture flush against the walls. The only place I can see this becoming an issue would be with windows, doors, paintings and curtains. It seems like the other objects can be used effectively as long as you don't place long flat bookshelves flush against a wall or something.

I'd love to see rounded walls and features in the game if only for my love of recreating historic buildings. And the curved borders in gardens would be lovely.
  • Options
    EverestriderEverestrider Posts: 297 New Member
    edited November 2009
    yep, ok some of the decor would work, but windows would have to be made to fit it in. lets get away from the thought of "what will happen when i add this" and onto the matter of "how bit a curve or room could be." if you think about it, it might curve for 1 squar, or 10-20 or even more. A little back into "what will happen when i add this." if you have a 1 squar curved wall, the window will be curved compleatly, if it was 20 squars, it would be curved a little. you get me :?: :!: :?: :!: