Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graveyards lot type.

I was thumbing through one of the idea forums, and someone mentioned graveyards. That got my mind wondering. As someone having a too many ghosts problem, I thought this would be a great idea.

Allowing dying sims in unplayed houses to be relocated to a graveyard upon death automatically, would be amazing. Having them in the manage households in a new tab called "graveyard," so if you choose you can remove them from world or return them to the original house to haunt.

It would be a nice way to keep a record of the sims in the game, without needing them in the game.

When the sims dies on a currently in play lot, have the choose to keep on lot or "send sim to graveyard" or "go to graveyard for a funeral." This would also solve the problem of graves and urns hanging around.

If done in an expansion or game pack, you can add a crypts and mausoleums to stack ghosts. Instead of having them all be ghosts, it can just have a plaque that says sims name and death type. So you can still remember a dead sim without them taking up space in the game. You could also add new headstones, monuments, flowers. More gothic style building elements. And a dance on grave of enemy interaction (because some of us are evil). If done in an expansion or game pack, it might be nice to make special lot for it (Like the careers have in get to work), instead of a traditional lot.

The inability to remove ghosts is a huge problem, and I think a graveyard may be an eloquent solution. But most importantly, we need a way to clear the ghosts out when they start to outnumber the living. So having them in Household management to clear is crucial.

Comments

• Options
    BrunoBBrunoB Posts: 13 New Member
    That's a good and logical idea! I don't like having gravestones on my backyard. Also, I think ghosts should be something as random as thieves on previous editions -- that would be fantastic if you didn't need to have a dead Sim in your household, or a gravestone in your lot, to have eventual ghosts haunting your house.
  • Options
    RodrigoMunguiaRodrigoMunguia Posts: 70 Member
    @SimGuruDrake please add graveyards and babysitters!
  • Options
    PyrosandstormPyrosandstorm Posts: 19 New Member
    I'd really like graveyards myself. Being able to pick where the grave ends up would be really nice. That way you could have a graveyard that actually has ghosts. In the original Sims my brother and I used to create graveyards by making a lot full of lots of easy ways to kill the sims (things like chair filled rooms with fireplaces, and pools with a diving board but no ladder) and making households just to send Sims to their death on the lot over and over again to get a bunch of gravestones with potential ghosts >:).
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Idea probably came from Me, from My Items Sims 4 Needs post, I added a ton of things on that post as well as others, :)
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    I'd love graveyards to come back. I liked the graveyards in 3 because you could go at night and see a bunch of different colored ghosts there. Plus it'd be nice to have be able to design crypts and mausoleums. I like your ideas!

Somewhat related, I'd like to have more tombstone designs. I'd like graveyards to not have the same gravestones all over the place.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    I would love to see that.
    I don't mind ghosts, but I prefer the TS2 kind where their were mysterious hauntings and the ghosts weren't in your face and acting like normal sims all the time. I don't want to see them hanging around town. I wouldn't mind seeing them appear in places where they died, or where they are buried, or in an urn, but it should be rare and at a specific time of night, the witching hour up unto dawn.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I want a simple way to grab their urns (even if townie or homeless) and place it on a particular lot assigned as graveyard. And not culling. But I guess that's impossible.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I thought I replied to this thread but apparently not. :-(

I'd like graveyards back too, I think it's emotionally important to many players. Who keeps a grave on their home lot these days? You'd get some funny looks from the neighbours! And I agree that they need to make sure graves and ghosts are not culled, it's too upsetting!
  • Options
    aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want a simple way to grab their urns (even if townie or homeless) and place it on a particular lot assigned as graveyard. And not culling. But I guess that's impossible.

My hope in posting is that they add something along these, so we can delete the ghosts we don't want and minimize culling of the sims we do. I don't actually care about ghosts at all in my game as they're causing such a huge problem in my game by my third generation. One or two special ghosts are ok, like the lot in Windenburg, but if I can put them in a graveyard, with the ability to return them to special lots for haunting would be amazing.
  • Options
    aka_moi wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

My hope in posting is that they add something along these, so we can delete the ghosts we don't want and minimize culling of the sims we do. I don't actually care about ghosts at all in my game as they're causing such a huge problem in my game by my third generation. One or two special ghosts are ok, like the lot in Windenburg, but if I can put them in a graveyard, with the ability to return them to special lots for haunting would be amazing.

Manage the Dead.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member
    I'm thinking about "Fake gravestones", that could be replaced with real gravestone when unplayed sim dies. Or a "Graveyard Inventory", that's shared between all graveyards... Just my ideas.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @aka_moi I don't know if you played TS3 but there was something similar. The cemeteries had a rabbit hole mausoleum. Your Sims could go inside and explore for different reasons but if you right clicked on it you would get a manage the dead option. All Sims that died off lot (or if you weren't playing a family) were sent there and you could leave them there or if it was a family member you could move the headstone or urn to your own family plot.

Of course there wasn't the kind of rampant culling there is in TS4.

All I want is that when my played Sims die I can have a haunted house or cemetery without them being culled.....and of course a community lot cemetery.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited July 2016
    In The Sims 2 when I wanted a lot of headstones, I would send a sim to college and then put a cow plant in front of the dorm. Good way of getting rid of any sims in the dorm I didn't like and those pesky mascots and cheerleaders. By the time they graduated I had enough headstones for a good sized cemetery. >:)

edited to add cheerleaders
  • Options
    @aka_moi I don't know if you played TS3 but there was something similar. The cemeteries had a rabbit hole mausoleum. Your Sims could go inside and explore for different reasons but if you right clicked on it you would get a manage the dead option. All Sims that died off lot (or if you weren't playing a family) were sent there and you could leave them there or if it was a family member you could move the headstone or urn to your own family plot.

Of course there wasn't the kind of rampant culling there is in TS4.

All I want is that when my played Sims die I can have a haunted house or cemetery without them being culled.....and of course a community lot cemetery.

Me too.
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 Yep. Played it in Sims 3. But I would love crypts and mausoleums that aren't rabbit holes, that could be entered and explored. It would be a great time to bring in a Scared, Frightened or Nostalgic emotions into the game.
  • Options
    JessieLoveable18JessieLoveable18 Posts: 46 Member
    This would be an interesting feature. However when my Sim died recently there was an option to 'Send the Spirit to the Underworld' or something like that... I don't know what it did exactly, but it allowed me to then 'Destroy' the gravestone that appeared. I don't really like destroying things in case I need them later but I was just exploring the game.

I was thinking maybe there could be a whim associated with it? Like when a Sim wants to be scared senseless it suggests going to the graveyard at night? Or even could be a mischief dare: Dare someone to go to the graveyard at night. Ooh! You could also have a new aspiration, a Supernatural Aspiration with two branches, Ghosts & Aliens. The Ghost one would have several milestones you can achieve related to ghosts and graveyards and the alien one would have several milestones from interacting with aliens and other stuff :) I don't know, maybe I'm just babbling now. Good idea!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    This would be an interesting feature. However when my Sim died recently there was an option to 'Send the Spirit to the Underworld' or something like that... I don't know what it did exactly, but it allowed me to then 'Destroy' the gravestone that appeared. I don't really like destroying things in case I need them later but I was just exploring the game.

I was thinking maybe there could be a whim associated with it? Like when a Sim wants to be scared senseless it suggests going to the graveyard at night? Or even could be a mischief dare: Dare someone to go to the graveyard at night. Ooh! You could also have a new aspiration, a Supernatural Aspiration with two branches, Ghosts & Aliens. The Ghost one would have several milestones you can achieve related to ghosts and graveyards and the alien one would have several milestones from interacting with aliens and other stuff :) I don't know, maybe I'm just babbling now. Good idea!

That's just you deleting the ghost before the game gets a chance to cull it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JessieLoveable18JessieLoveable18 Posts: 46 Member

That's just you deleting the ghost before the game gets a chance to cull it.

Oh ok thank you :) I'm still learning the ropes here! haha
  • Options
    eric_the_sims_maneric_the_sims_man Posts: 343 Member
    @aka_moi I like the concept. Could even add another "death" option. Scared to death. Literally. :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have many ghosts townies that I have placed in my games so I wouldn't really like to see them being changed too much. But I would very much like to be able to get a haunted house of ghosts that could not be culled or a way to catch a ghost of a sim that died when I wasn't playing that household.

Manage the Dead would be very useful!

And a graveyard would be fun >:) but then we would really need the scared emotion.
  • Options
    @SilentKitty I don't mean to move any of the ones in the game. There's a special lot with a ghost that I like. I mean new deaths off active lot get moved auto to the graveyard. The import things is to have a way to move them easily. Either into a new house, or out of the game entirely. I think we don't have enough control over the ghost, and in a generations game, to me, ghosts are getting to be as bad as zombies in sims 3. Too many to make the game enjoyable.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I think graveyard would be perfect in a generations or supernatural ep. I kind of hope they're patched in first then added onto more in a ep. Just my op though. :)
  • Options
    WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    a church/religious worship with a graveyard, mausoleum, haunted house with graveyard, underground catacombs full of graves
  • Options
    Witchiris wrote: »
    a church/religious worship with a graveyard, mausoleum, haunted house with graveyard, underground catacombs full of graves

Not a huge fan of this idea church/religious worship, but the rest would be nice especially the underground catacombs.

But for the religious aspect, I personally feel that this would definitely need to be optional if added. I think the developers will steer away from it on general principal. It's one of those things that will make a lot more people unhappy than happy.