The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is Bob and Betty Newbie, and Flat and Flo Broke?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
In Pleasantview, they are in the family tree as deceased sims. What I was going to to was create a new neighborhood, and then using SimPE and Body Shop, and create a shell of those sims, and then recreate them for the new town. But they are not showing up in the list of sims for Pleasantview. Is there any way I can find these sims?

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Those Sims are incomplete Sims. EA got lazy and didn't give full data to all of the Sims that shipped deceased. Just enough for them to appear as ghosts and show up on the family trees. They're listed as Uneditable in SimPE and those Sims you can't export since Sim Surgery is for Editable Sims only. You'd have to make a neighborhood and intentionally corrupt it to get those Sims to be exportable. You'd have to get a Sim the resurrection phone and have people call back their loved ones that you want to export. But EA definitely shipped the deceased of the original premade neighborhoods corrupted so you'll want to do to this in a Pleasantview you want to scrap. You can cheat them the resurrection phone so you wouldn't have to have a Sim go through University first.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I went and tried this, but the only sim I was able to get a choice to resurrect was Skip Broke. Do you know of any other ways of getting the parents and in-laws to show up at least enough to where I can find them in SimPE?
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    In further reading, it looks like it's complicated to resurrect the Sims that were never playable to begin with. Looks like the Newbies and Flat and Flo Broke were such Sims and shipped with bare minimum code. There is a cleaned up template on meetme2theriver's LiveJournal as she created cleaned up neighborhoods for making huge megahoods, but even in that one there isn't any character data for them.

Pity the Sims 2 Exchange closed down as you may have been able to find extracted versions there from people who went to great lengths to get them resurrected. I've tried searching for them but unfortunately 99% of the results show up for the Sims 3 and Sims 4 versions that either shipped with the game or were created by players.
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521653 There you go Marka over at ModTheSims made a beginning hood of all the maxis hoods so you start them from the beginning.
  • Options
    Thank you, I'll check this out. :)