The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will the next expansion be announced?

Get to work came out on March 31, 2015 and Get Together came out on December 8, 2015, it has been almost 7 months since Get Together came out, do we know when or have a guess as to when another expansion will be announced?

It took 7 months from the release of Sims 4 to get the first expansion and then the second expansion was 8-9 months after the first expansion.

Will we be getting an announcement soon for another expansion?

Comments

• Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I don't know when, but I sure hope it's a big one!!
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited June 2016
    beville wrote: »
    I don't know when, but I sure hope it's a big one!!

Me too. I know that no one really knows for sure when it will happen but was just wondering if anyone had a guess to when. I would assume it would be in the next 2 months if they were keeping the same pattern of releasing expansions which is usually 7-9 months apart so far.
    Post edited by SilentGirl490 on
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    There could be a possibility that an expansion pack has been informed at the end of June with the upcoming new packs. I'm not entirely sure if they will or not im just saying it's a possibility.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    derwasdasderwasdas Posts: 112 Member
    I'm pretty sure it'll be very soon considering it's been such a long time since Get Together.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I originally thought they'd announce some time in June, or maybe July. But Gamescom will be in August, perhaps they might wait until then so they have something "big" to announce? I wouldn't like waiting that long, but I can see it happening for that reason.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Probably after the SP, either after 21st June (official start of summer) or in July (start of EA's next fiscal quarter?)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    It won't be this month. We'll get another teaser trailer in July, at the beginning of the next fisical quarter. If there's one going to be released in that three month period then I suspect we'll know then.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    This is also why we're bored. Too much space between EPS and no info at all. We should already be playing with the 3d EP and a 4th one should be announced soon. But this is ts4: the slooooooow train to no succes. Sorry fans ;)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Dine Out is coming out Tuesday! Content is being released often for this game. The next teaser of the upcoming months of content might be at the end of this month.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited June 2016
    This is also why we're bored. Too much space between EPS and no info at all. We should already be playing with the 3d EP and a 4th one should be announced soon. But this is ts4: the slooooooow train to no succes. Sorry fans ;)

There's a huge new patch yesterday, a GP on Tuesday, an an SP with a "puppet theater" and a "battle station" (or so I saw from a fan site - must be from in the patch - I didn't read the article) within a few weeks, and a teaser for the next season after that. Not sure where the slow is unless only the largest package sizes count for anything. Most of my Simming friends are busy playing with the patch and prepping restaurant builds, not being bored. (I am bored and on a break from work I'm hoping to finish before I get home to my computer tomorrow. There is so much Simming to be done!)

Oh yeah! And a live play on Twitch in 20 minutes. (Which I'll watch at home tomorrow.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    My guess is we will have to wait until gamescom for them to officially announce the next EP.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Dine Out is coming out Tuesday! Content is being released often for this game. The next teaser of the upcoming months of content might be at the end of this month.

Yea but Dine Out is just a game pack, I want a new expansion.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    @luthienrising What's their twitch account? I can't seem to find it, or did I miss it?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Zafireria wrote: »
    @luthienrising What's their twitch account? I can't seem to find it, or did I miss it?

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »

I can't link on my phone, but there's a pinned topic in the Dine Out category that should lead there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    @luthienrising weird phone, have you tried to hold down your finger at the link? Anyway, thanks lots for the direction, found it just in time :)
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

The little "teaser" for the stuff coming in the next quarter should be out the first week of July (I hope), since April, May and June were the last quarter. Maybe it will give us clues to the next EP.

*Not a confirmation, just my reasoning.*
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here