The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New radio stations missing from the games of Sims 4

Latin, Hip hop, and R&B was missing in from Sims 4. But for three base games from Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3, they have Spanish radio stations, Latin in Sims 1 and Sims 3, and Salsa in Sims 2, and Sims 4 didn't have one, because it was removed. Hip hop and R&B were the only radio stations that were missing any games in Sims, Sims 1 is the only game that does not feature an R&B station, and for Sims 1 House Party, Hip hop was also know as Rap, Sims 2 is the only base game which has Hip hop and R&B, Sims 3 Late Night has Hip hop, and Sims 3 Pets has R&B, and for Sims 4 Get Together, I have announce a new radio station, but later on, I heard that the game does not have a new radio station, but I usually see the word Hip hop from the DJ Booth, later on until another pack of Sims 4, R&B will be back until later on!

Does everyone have any questions?

Comments

• Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    I agree! The latin station was a classic in the series! I was hoping they'd included Hip-Hop with Get Together, but I bet it'll come with some 'urban-city themed' EP!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,564 Member
    edited March 2016
    I really do want R and B,Big Band and Jazz. Sims 4 has got an edge on Sims 3 as we have more instrumental music in TS4 and TS3 only had about 4 towards the end.

I love the spa,winter holiday easy listening and retro stations. We also have classical and baroque In TS4.

TS3 had mainly rock and a few other vocal stations.
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    R&B and Soul are the only genres of music I listen to in real life, so it's kinda disappointing that there's no R&B and Soul radios. Hope they will add them back later!
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ts3 soul radio was everything :love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1v0zvBLBF8

I would love for them to fix the radio, volume is always wayyyy too low and when you turn your camera and stop "looking" straight at the radio you can't hear anything.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Oh I also for got soul music, it will be back until another pack of Sims 4 game. I forgot sorry about that Nino and Valkyrie ;)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Jazz, R&B, and Swing are some of my favorite genres irl, I'd love to have stations based on them in the game.
    Right now I listen to mostly the pop and rock stations since I like those genres too, but I still feel there isn't really enough on them. Hope they keep adding more songs and stations.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    > @Polyrhythm said:
    > Jazz, R&B, and Swing are some of my favorite genres irl, I'd love to have stations based on them in the game.
    > Right now I listen to mostly the pop and rock stations since I like those genres too, but I still feel there isn't really enough on them. Hope they keep adding more songs and stations.
    They will!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    I want R&B and Jazz and Salsa :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > I want R&B and Jazz and Salsa :)

Thank you Sigzy!
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2016
    A new radio station baroque was added into TS4 by the romantic garden stuff.
    So maybe those stations are gonna appear in the future. We can expect! B)
    Post edited by kinot9229 on
  • Options
    > @kinot9229 said:
    > There is a new radio station baroque coming with the romantic garden stuff.
    > So maybe those stations are gonna appear in the future. We can expect! B)

Why thank you very much Kinot
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,564 Member
    kinot9229 wrote: »
    There is a new radio station baroque coming with the romantic garden stuff.

Romantic Garden is already out.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Jazz! I would kill for a jazz radio station. Classic rock would be pretty sick too. They could get The Who to record in simlish :D
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I would also love for new radio stations to come out, but before that happens, they need to fix the old radio stations. It stinks when you can't hear custom music in the newer radio stations. I have a lot of piano music which would fit perfectly in the new age radio station, but when I go in game, I can't hear it on the radio. Only the base game radio stations and the spooky radio station play custom music.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    kinot9229 wrote: »
    A new radio station baroque was added into TS4 by the romantic garden stuff.

Romantic Garden is already out.

I know it is already out. :D
    English is not my mother tongue so I may use a wrong grammar sometimes. :o
    Thanks for noticing me! :D
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    LOL the only radio station I like on the sims radio is the pop station.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    If they do Salsa in TS4 i hope it's awesome just like TS2 was, because TS3's Latin was pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hm, does this mean a country station won't return until Pets because wasn't it Unleashed that introduced a country station, Pets in TS2 had a country station and sort of think TS3 added a country station with it's Pets or did it? That's a long wait to make Sims do a hoe down. lol I want one (not because I care about country music that much) but so I can build my country/western bars for my western Sims. You can't have a ranch and not play country music. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hm, does this mean a country station won't return until Pets because wasn't it Unleashed that introduced a country station, Pets in TS2 had a country station and sort of think TS3 added a country station with it's Pets or did it? That's a long wait to make Sims do a hoe down. lol I want one (not because I care about country music that much) but so I can build my country/western bars for my western Sims. You can't have a ranch and not play country music. lol

Well, if they do a farming GP or EP they could add a Country station then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)