Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

which world first

I always seem to go to Egypt first, but then I find the boulders I need a magic something to bash them. So what world have you found the best the most advantageous to visit and do the tasks first. and do France and China have Good fun adventures in them??

Comments

• Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    I usually prefer to visit China first, because the Sims can learn there the matrial arts skill which is useful for fighting of mummies. The axe that is necessary for breaking the large obstacles in the tombs can be obtained there too, but it usually comes in one of the late adventures and therefore you have to visit the destination multiple times.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The China quest that gives you the item to bash boulders comes up randomly. Sometimes my sims get it second or third, sometimes it takes another visit. The first quest is almost always the tutorial one in the Forbidden City.

I typically send sims to China first for that item, and to learn the martial arts skill. But it depends on the game. Sometimes I only send sims to France to do the nectar making quests and purchase the nectar making machine.
    do France and China have Good fun adventures in them??

For the most part. The funnest tomb in France isn't marked nor does it have an associated quest. You'll have to search for it's boulder blocked entrance on the map. The main quest line in China is somewhat serious, putting your sim up against a long dead evil mummy. That quest definitely gives the EP it's major story arch high point. Completing the major quest lines in France and Egypt is kind of 'meh' IMO.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    TreyNutz, a hidden boulder in China I'll have to go find that?? is it close to anything else or just somewhere in the great outdoors lol.
    Thank you both for your help.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    The China quest that gives you the item to bash boulders comes up randomly. Sometimes my sims get it second or third, sometimes it takes another visit. The first quest is almost always the tutorial one in the Forbidden City.

Thanks for the clarification. My Sims must have been really unlucky then, they had to fulfill a load of quests before this one came up.
    TreyNutz, a hidden boulder in China I'll have to go find that?? is it close to anything else or just somewhere in the great outdoors lol.

It's an axe that one of your Sims can obtain in a quest and carry in their inventory. It comes handy in tombs and other places where you need to clear large boulders - there is no way how to do it without the Axe of Pangu. It also speeds up the clearing of other rubbles.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Proxim , you can also decline quests and keep checking to get the one you want. But you have to know the name of the one that starts off the Pangu Axe for that strategy to work. You can look it up online. For my last sim that did all the WA adventures I paused travel with NRaas Traveler and just did quests until it came up.

@feetinstockings , 3 boulders grouped together in France, just out in the great outdoors. Near a pond. Usually lots of butterflies around. I believe the official name of the tomb is Tuatha's tomb.
  • Options
    Thank you both for your help. off to find them now.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I've just been reading about the problems others were having with the axe in 2010, ie, not being able to retrieve it in the quest, and once home it not being retrievable from a wall in play mode, do you know if these problems were solved??
  • Options
    I can only speak for myself but I've never encountered that issue (then again I bought World Adventures in 2011). My Sims were occasionally running into trouble when reaching/departing the worlds until I got sorted that out with a mods and I haven't noticed any major glitches since that.
  • Options
    The only issue I've had is forgetting to bring the axe on return trips. I usually don't put it on the wall anymore. Instead I use CC storage and just bring that along on every trip.