Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speaking Simlish

Has anyone actually used it in real life or has learned it? lol.

Comments

• Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    What occasionally pops up in my mind is that sometimes it would be really on spot to boo certain people. I never actualy did that though.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I think almost everyone knows:

nooboo: baby
    sul sul: hello
    zo hungwah: so hungry
    checkmar: checkmate
    fretishe miza: everything is in the way (why they can't just walk AROUND the thing is unknown to me - lol)

As far as using it in real life, I'll say "Sul sul" to my younger sister (she's a Simmer too)! My older sister hates Sims - her loss :tongue: !

If I ever get pulled over, I plan to speak Simlish to the cop... just for fun!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I would love a list of sims 4 simlish, does anyone know of one? I can only find them for ts1-3!
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I do this way more often than I'd like to admit.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    487473million487473million Posts: 39 Member
    > @AlHollandiyah said:
    > I would love a list of sims 4 simlish, does anyone know of one? I can only find them for ts1-3!

learnsimlish (.) blogspot (.) com might be able to help! (I can't post direct links yet .-. )
  • Options
    > @5782341b77vl said:
    > I think almost everyone knows:
    >
    > nooboo: baby
    > sul sul: hello
    > zo hungwah: so hungry
    > checkmar: checkmate
    > fretishe miza: everything is in the way (why they can't just walk AROUND the thing is unknown to me - lol)
    >
    > As far as using it in real life, I'll say "Sul sul" to my younger sister (she's a Simmer too)! My older sister hates Sims - her loss :tongue: !
    >
    > If I ever get pulled over, I plan to speak Simlish to the cop... just for fun!

Nooboo sounds so cute :3
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    learning simlish would be fun.

i only know sulsul.
    oh and in sims2/3 "homchik! homchik!" meant "fire!", i just love that word.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I use the 'Shnib, shnib' one quite a lot

Well, it sounds like they say 'Shnib, shnib'.

I use it to put people in their place.
  • Options
    > @plopppo said:
    > I use the 'Shnib, shnib' one quite a lot
    >
    > Well, it sounds like they say 'Shnib, shnib'.
    >
    > I use it to put people in their place.

lol and what do they do? lolol
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    > @plopppo said:
    > I use the 'Shnib, shnib' one quite a lot
    >
    > Well, it sounds like they say 'Shnib, shnib'.
    >
    > I use it to put people in their place.

lol and what do they do? lolol
    I'm pretty sure some TS3 Sims say it to toddlers when putting them to bed.

I sort of wag my finger when I say it.

People don't get what it means - I guess they find it a bit odd.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Aww, Fee bee lay! (points to mouth and rubs belly): Feed me now! (*rough translation* - but you probably already knew this one)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    genius1289genius1289 Posts: 32 Member
    Wow you guys really know your simlish. That's pretty dope. I wish I could have a whole convo in simlish.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2016
    I was just learning how to read Simlish, thanks the free movie poster that they had given us in the last patch. And one the things that I had notice right off is that the letter E has two different letters in Simlish. If you look closely at the movie poster for Still Life, and Amber. The letter E in Still Life has much different letter than the E in Amber. Why is that, was it something that just happened to get missed when they were creating the two movie poster for the last patch? Or was it on purpose that the letter E in one is different that the letter E in the other movie poster.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I don't speak it out loud, but it kind of goes around in my head sometimes. If something bad happens I'll think to myself "frabbit!" And I'll probably forever think of babies as "nooboos." :blush:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Dag dag!
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I was just learning how to read Simlish, thanks the free movie poster that they had given us in the last patch. And one the things that I had notice right off is that the letter E has two different letters in Simlish. If you look closely at the movie poster for Still Life, and Amber. The letter E in Still Life has much different letter than the E in Amber. Why is that, was it something that just happened to get missed when they were creating the two movie poster for the last patch? Or was it on purpose that the letter E in one is different that the letter E in the other movie poster.

It is quite possible. Simlish is actually based on several languages and could work like in French or some other languages where words have accents to emphasize pronunciation. Could also be phonetic, such as in Amber, the symbol could represent "er" as opposed to just "e". Or it could be just random letterings with no meaning at all...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    My sister and I say 'dag dag' and 'sul sul' to each other and sometimes repeat some of things they say on the Sims 2 TV. Like ZEEEESH baba
    Lol idk
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    There are university courses for elvish and klingon, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was soon one for simlish.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    other than wee wee in sims PlayStation 2, no haha.
  • Options
    SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    Yes I have a favorite quote from the sims 1 that I tricked my mom into using. "Dabaduchia" it's a goodbye from the children lol I will never forget it :D
  • Options
    etothepietothepi Posts: 150 Member
    For "check mate," I think it's been changed to "meck chate" as of TS4. Like other people have said, I'll use "dag dag" or "suul suul" sometimes. I also like "disgrobal" for frustrating situations.
    origin: etothepi16

Fighting prescriptivism one English teacher at a time.
    I do what I must, because I can.
    How are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
    Trying not to die and so far I'm really good at it.
    tumblr_muuwvgDian1rny9ino2_250.gif

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Actually quote some of my assignments in Simlish text, pretend it's legit foreign context :joy:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Bo_DummyBo_Dummy Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited January 2016
    I know Boobasnot means I don't like you.