Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing The Closet In Wall Or Against Wall?

I prefer in wall but it sticks out in another room or outside and it still works against the wall but takes up more space.

How do you place it?

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited December 2015
    Did you ever build an elevator in TS3? You do it the same way. It needs to be surrounded by walls on all four sides.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Did you ever build an elevator in TS3? You do it the same way. It needs to be surrounded by walls on all four sides.

It still works against the wall cause fantasy simmer did it that way in one of her let s plays.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It does but like you said it takes up too much space. I went with the smaller closet and put walls around it because it just looked funny sticking out of the back f the house.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    you know there is a smaller size one, I just place that against the wall. don't know if I'm missing something here..
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    What you can do is put two bedrooms next to each other with a thin "spare room" between them just big enough for the depth of the closet and let each wardrobe stick into that space so they line up.
  • Options
    TartacusTartacus Posts: 73 Member
    I love this feature with being able to put them behind a wall not so keen on the 4 tile ones but the 2 tile one is perfect for building.
    Origin Name TART4CUS

MSjFMBP.gif

Wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Sim packed new year. <3TART4CUS
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Is there a difference between the 2x1 vs the 2x2 version apart from their size?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    you could build a small bathroom between the bedrooms and use the extra space in the rear of the bathroom a closet in each room and they do not stick out. bathroom 4 wide and closets each 2 wide if you can. closets will be back to back behind the bedrooms. Closets are not in the bathroom a wall divides them. closets will be in bedroom inside wall.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    Some examples, including one with a small shower room
    12-13-15_12-36-46nbspPM_zpsnsng4q5f.png
    12-13-15_12-36-51nbspPM_zpszpbjkoy2.png
    12-13-15_12-43-15nbspPM_zpshth4gxop.png

Post edited by IngeJones on
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I use the smallest one and usually build a wall around it- I sometimes use the space to the side for book shelves or a study area. Sometimes I build a "L" shaped configuration so that it create a small dressing area with a mirror and chair or bench. It works really well and is much more realistic then what we had before which was nothing-lol.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I've done both, depending on the house. I grew up in a suburban house where all the closets were built into walls. Now I live in a Victorian house where a previous owner shrunk one bedroom so two bedrooms could have small in-wall closets but we have a not-in-wall closet in a hallway. I set up my Sims' houses similarly :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't like the closet box sitting in a room, so I enclose it.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member

I always used Into The Future for it :D
  • Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    A closet can also be tucked at the back of a staircase.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    What you can do is put two bedrooms next to each other with a thin "spare room" between them just big enough for the depth of the closet and let each wardrobe stick into that space so they line up.
    Which is how it's done in real houses, in real life. B)
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member

This is brilliant, thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

This is brilliant, thanks for the tip.

Hopefully builders will do that.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    12-13-15_6-15-20%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I prefer the "elevator" method myself. Create a 2x2 room and make sure you have a 1x2 space in front of the opening and you're all set... for just about anything. ;)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee