Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

First Things First

Hey,

What's the first thing you do when you start a new save file? I've always tried to speedrun my aspiration. I'll put the speed on max and then I will keep my Sims needs around green then I will force them to write if he's an aspiring author, or to paint if he's an aspiring painter. Annoying having to keep inviting Sims over to keep his social need full.

xPaxion

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I redecorate houses :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member

Which world do you start from and which household do you purchase to start redecorating?
  • Options
    Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    I'm the realest :#
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • Options
    xPaxion wrote: »

Which world do you start from and which household do you purchase to start redecorating?

I don't have a regular thing for that. It depends on the Sims and story I feel like playing. I also populate and redecorate houses I'm *not* playing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I don't have a regular thing for that. It depends on the Sims and story I feel like playing. I also populate and redecorate houses I'm *not* playing.

Do you repopulate and decorate houses from the gallery?
  • Options

Sometimes. Sometimes I use the premade houses. Sometimes I build my own. Sometimes I get my Sims from the Gallery and give them makeovers (or not), sometimes I make my own. :) But I always start my new save with setting up the world my Sims live in like this.
  • Options

Sometimes. Sometimes I use the premade houses. Sometimes I build my own. Sometimes I get my Sims from the Gallery and give them makeovers (or not), sometimes I make my own. :) But I always start my new save with setting up the world my Sims live in like this.

Do you upload your rooms to the gallery?
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    First thing I do is load the world template which has all the sims from the Sims 4 promotional material. I like seeing them around town.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I have a saved file that is wiped clean. No families, no townies, no lots etc. So usually I start building a town. :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I evict all the families in the town that EA/Maxis has made, then I put in stuff from my gallery, that I have downloaded or that I have made. I make different sections, like the starter houses and the better ones etc like Maxis does. Then I save and go to the main menu where I get a sim from my gallery and I re-do them and I add them into the lowest cost house in the world, then I go in and get another sim and do the same until the lower cost houses are all filled up. Then I use motherlode and move one family up at a time to a better section of the neighborhood and move in another family to live in their cheaper house, I just have to be careful I remember to sell the furniture with the house. Then I do that with all the other sims in the section and replace them with newer ones. Then I move the families like this until I get an entire neighborhood and then I play the game rotational, where I play families one at a time, and then if they marry another sim they move to the better house and then that one opens and I then move in a new sim. Seems to cut down on the culling as I have not had that be a problem for me yet. Also EA/Maxis does not fill my world with other sims that I do not want. I try to mix the age groups also, some YA, A, and E, and I try to have some single, some married etc. I play this way every time. I also make some with large families as they move up to the bigger houses. I also move in some sims with other sims so that they can have more money. I do not use motherlode after the initial world is filled up. I just use it to fill up the houses. So then they have to get a job and pay for the rest of the stuff they want or need. I used to use freerealestate, but it just does not seem to be working for me lately. So I have to go with motherlode
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Hey,

What's the first thing you do when you start a new save file? I've always tried to speedrun my aspiration. I'll put the speed on max and then I will keep my Sims needs around green then I will force them to write if he's an aspiring author, or to paint if he's an aspiring painter. Annoying having to keep inviting Sims over to keep his social need full.

xPaxion

I almost never invite Sims over when my Sim's need to socialize. I make them chat on the computer or just call someone a few times. It takes a little longer but it's less of a pain than having to worry about your guest eating your food >_> If you have the Insane trait your Sim will talk to random objects all the time so their social almost never goes down xD
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Hey,

xPaxion

I almost never invite Sims over when my Sim's need to socialize. I make them chat on the computer or just call someone a few times. It takes a little longer but it's less of a pain than having to worry about your guest eating your food >_> If you have the Insane trait your Sim will talk to random objects all the time so their social almost never goes down xD

Does talking to random objects increase the social need? lol
  • Options
    I have a saved file that is wiped clean. No families, no townies, no lots etc. So usually I start building a town. :)

Isn't Newcrest like that with no buildings?
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hey,

xPaxion

Does talking to random objects increase the social need? lol

Yes it does xD Not as fast as if they talked to a Sim, but it does!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Samcharles74Samcharles74 Posts: 257 Member
    I usually make my sim get a job immediately. Followed by going to the library to read skill books, (especially cooking). I try to get them to level 1 cooking before I let them touch the stove/oven. My hope is this will decrease their likelihood of causing a fire. :/
  • Options

Do you upload your rooms to the gallery?

No rooms, but some of my from-scratch builds and renos of Maxis houses are! A lot of the Sims I've made are too. I tend not to use premade rooms, so I've really never considered sharing my rooms in turn.
  • Options
    I usually make my sim get a job immediately. Followed by going to the library to read skill books, (especially cooking). I try to get them to level 1 cooking before I let them touch the stove/oven. My hope is this will decrease their likelihood of causing a fire. :/

It's interesting that you choose to visit the library over purchasing activity/skill objects.
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member

It's interesting that you choose to visit the library over purchasing activity/skill objects.

I do that too with a new Sim. They don't tend to have a lot of money, and the library's free.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

Don't we all have to make a new Sims when starting a new save or has the game changed? (which would be nice) ;)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

Don't we all have to make a new Sims when starting a new save or has the game changed? (which would be nice) ;)

Hasn't changed, no. At one point I did that, deleted the Sim, then did a "Save As" so I'd have a base game to start from without starting in CAS.
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Zola1016 wrote: »
    I'm the realest :#

i screamed
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I put houses in every lot I can and try to build a city feel like in Simcity, after MANY hours I start populating the town, and finally I start playing with a family. Is so tiring.