Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims VS Baby

Hello, has anyone dealt with a whole family not being able to touch or make the new born baby grow? I can not control the baby at all. what to do?

Comments

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Babies are not exactly like Sims in the Sims 4. You can't control them. Instead, have another Sim click on the baby carriage to perform these actions. The baby can't leave the bassinet.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    Bah, I clicked this expecting to find a picture of a TS4 baby with a baseball bat taking on a bunch of Sims.

I was actually kind of hoping for that, too.
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    > @ENolan said:
    > plopppo wrote: »
    >
    > Bah, I clicked this expecting to find a picture of a TS4 baby with a baseball bat taking on a bunch of Sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I was actually kind of hoping for that, too.

Glad I'm not the only one. This was kinda disappointing :(
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Does "Chucky" come to mind for anyone?
  • Options
    ttyoxoxttyoxox Posts: 79 Member
    Bah, I clicked this expecting to find a picture of a TS4 baby with a baseball bat taking on a bunch of Sims.
    Pinkmonkey wrote: »
    > @ENolan said:
    >
    > Bah, I clicked this expecting to find a picture of a TS4 baby with a baseball bat taking on a bunch of Sims.
    >
    >
    >
    >

ENolan wrote: »

I was actually kind of hoping for that, too.

Looks like stupid minds think alike.

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

HAHA I too was expecting some glitched out screenshot!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    KashoettiKashoetti Posts: 5 New Member
    No my baby wont even grow up. i cant control the baby at all even if i use another sims from a different game and invite myself over to the household and try to grow up the baby.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Kashoetti wrote: »
    No my baby wont even grow up. i cant control the baby at all even if i use another sims from a different game and invite myself over to the household and try to grow up the baby.

Well, that's unfortunate. How invested are you in the household? If it's one that didn't take too much time or isn't one of your favorites, I'd just delete them. Babies really aren't as important or actually immersive in this game, so they're really just a commodity that you can easily overlook.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    If they treat the baby just like any other object I really think they should give us a volume control for them.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,777 Member
    > @ENolan said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

No kinda about it, this was VERY disappointing. That and the complete lack of toddlers. face/palm.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Try moving the household out and then back in.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Have you tried breastfeeding the baby? Or feeding the baby? I've found before the 'age up' option will appear you have to at least feed it once as a baby.
  • Options
    i cant touch the baby. i cant do anything my sims just waves.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Sounds like there might be an invisible object that only the Sims can see. Try repairing your game and deleting you cache. I had that happen to me a couple of times and doing what I mentioned did the trick.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    BeesteengerBeesteenger Posts: 217 Member
    In some houses where there is a newborn I don't return to that house until the baby has aged up. :)
  • Options
    moseekeemoseekee Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2015
    > @ENolan said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

No kinda about it, this was VERY disappointing. That and the complete lack of toddlers. face/palm.

I thought they were gonna compare sims and babies.
    Origin: moseekee
  • Options
    i tried deleting the cache and all nothing has worked... and the baby cant age up...
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Have you tried moving the baby to a different location? It sounds like it has something in the way. I had to move the toilet paper so my sim could use the toilet earlier today.
  • Options
    lapislazulilapislazuli Posts: 73 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Have you tried moving the baby to a different location? It sounds like it has something in the way. I had to move the toilet paper so my sim could use the toilet earlier today.

^^^ This. Try moving the baby around the house and see what works.

Also, I'm very disappointed that this thread is not about sims and babies fighting. :/
    anyways,
  • Options
    SimStaffGabrielSimStaffGabriel Posts: 84 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey guys!

This looks like it might be a bug, if not it is definitely an issue that we want the SimDevs to take a look at!

I am going to move this over to the correct section.

Thanks,
    Gabriel

-- Moved --
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,997 Member
    Yeah, can you move the baby in build mode? Maybe the sims can't get to it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,642 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hello.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting the baby and see if that helps. First use the resetSim (first name) (second name) cheat and if that doesn't help, shift click on the baby and click reset.

Remove any mods or cc, and see if that helps.

Have your sims travel to another lot. Then have them come back home and that may help.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    i cant
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,642 Member
    edited August 2015
    Did you try what I suggested in the above post?

Try travelling to another lot and see if that helps.

Also, see if moving home or moving them out of their home and then back in again helps.

Remove any mods/cc from your game and see if that helps.

Perhaps try to roll back your save file to an earlier version before your sim gave birth.
    These are links to how to roll back your save to an earlier version.
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1