Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This kind of feels like a mashup between World Adventures and Late Night

Especially after reading this blog post.

http://www.thesims.com/nl_NL/news/get-together-expansion

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MikeAM91MikeAM91 Posts: 165 Member
    Its a horrible mashup! The last place I think of going for a late night on the town is a small Northern European village.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    The "clubs" they mention sound a bit like the social group in TS3's University Life. I bet there's still so much more to this EP. If only people had a bit of patience...
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    The "clubs" they mention sound a bit like the social group in TS3's University Life. I bet there's still so much more to this EP. If only people had a bit of patience...

I don't think the Sims community knows what that is... :p
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    edited August 2015
    Agree! But this pack dosn't excite me like late night and world adventures did. I feel like we already have this in the game? Where is the new things? Dancing? Yeah my sims are already doing that every weekend. Hanging out with friends? My sims friends stop by every day and they often go out. I dont understand this expansion :neutral: Why isn't it a gamepack? I mean the content we have seen now is less exciting than outdoor retreat was
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Mina wrote: »
    Especially after reading this blog post.

http://www.thesims.com/nl_NL/news/get-together-expansion

Thoughts?

It doesn't feel like World Adventures at all...nor Nighlife...

This is kind of something new from what I read.

So apparantly your sim can make or join clubs and then hang out with the sims of the club , either exploring the world or going into dance clubs. There might be club benefits and probably some other new activities.

In a way it kind of is Nighlife, but it kind of isn't. :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Sort of yeah. I have been sort of imagining it as a festival type expansion? Just me?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Sort of yeah. I have been sort of imagining it as a festival type expansion? Just me?

I don't know, it just feels like they mashed whatever scraps they had from development into one, unorganized EP. It's dead obvious from the world itself which we saw before TS4 was released.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I find it looks very reminiscent of a gap year abroad backpacking in Europe, at least the pubs, lake swimming, and nightclubs in a small village, though to be fair, isn't that unheard of. Relatively few European cities have skyscrapers, and their nightclubs and coffee shops are often located in the old town, because the city centre is often the oldest part of town, and that is where they are likely to get planning permission.

The town itself seems to be a mashup between various European influences (half timber was a popular architectural choice), mixing Germany, France (judging from the Château reference), the British Isles, and possibly Switzerland and Belgium.

I'm predicting the new music style will be Celtic folk. Odd theme, it seems to me simultaneously both themed and unthemed, has direction and doesn't have direction, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times etc.