Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruGnome Fan Club

CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
@SimGuruGnome I just want to say THANK YOU for writing the funniest, best, most entertaining and inspiring patch notes ever. I look forward to your patch notes WAY more than I look forward to the patches themselves, even when they're awesome patches with neat content (like freezer bunny Easter eggs and Easter bunny gnomes). You take something that could be boring and make it fun and fascinating and you always toss in little tidbits. And you're kind and goofball combined. Thank you!

I always learn more than a few things from you, and I never have even few reservations about the patch after reading your notes, and I always laugh way more than a couple of times.
----

(Please no haters in this thread--just kind comments and gratitude for the dedicated and thoughtful work of the SimGurus. Thanks :smiley: )
Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Comments

• Options
    mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    I love the patch notes too! They always make me laugh out loud. @SimGuruGnome Your creativity inspires, Sir!
  • Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Yes! I play a few different games and usually find myself dozing slightly as I read through patch notes on others, and praying that [insert bug here] has been fixed which is the only reason I check them. The patch notes here however are always entertaining and possibly the only patch notes anywhere that are amusing as well as being informative. Often on patch days I'll even find myself checking the forums on my mobile over lunch to see if they've been posted yet, as they're always a good read.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    I have to admit to reading all the way through the patch notes, just for their entertainment value.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I enjoy reading through the patch notes a lot too, the way they're written makes them so much easier to read!
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    I never thought I'd ever say I enjoy reading patch notes, lol, but TS4's are really a hoot and I really look forward to reading them

Looks like @SimGuruGnome has a few fans, and not @SimGuruGnome has few fans. :D
  • Options
    mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    lissiea wrote: »
    I never thought I'd ever say I enjoy reading patch notes, lol, but TS4's are really a hoot and I really look forward to reading them

Looks like @SimGuruGnome has a few fans, and not @SimGuruGnome has few fans. :D

I see what you did thar! Nice!
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Same, I love reading the patch notes. Count me in.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I admit I also look forward to a new patch because of the great reading material that comes with it, can make a bored moment rather entertaining.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Honestly, before reading the TS4 patch notes, I never bothered to give patch notes a passing glance at all.
    The way that they're written is very funny and informative at the same time! It's great! @SimGuruGnome deserves a lovely raise~ <3
  • Options
    Estelya000Estelya000 Posts: 7 New Member
    I definitely agree. I get excited when I see that the patch notes are updated because I look forward to reading them, not because of the patch itself.

Tbh I think I like the patch notes more than the patch itself, no matter what they add in it or what bugs they fix.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh. Yes. Reading the patch notes is equally as exciting as the patches themselves. I try to anticipate what @SimGuruGnome is going to say and how...especially with that woo hoo bug LOL.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    Belatedly joining the fan club. :) even when I don't have time to play, I still make time for the well-written and entertaining patch notes.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Awesome notes as always, @SimGuruGnome! I couldn't decide whether to sit on the edge of my chair or to lean back so I kept forgetting how to chair and sort of sinking into it, getting my legs stuck in TS3 styles... Help! I think I need a patch!

Anyway, thank you! As always, the notes are better than update, even with a Welcome Wagon, a patch, and a new world! <3

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Yes! @SimGuruGnome! Maladay and vadish for the awesome patch notes! Even Issue-Chop is super!

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I think I'm close to equally interested in what is actually being patched in or fixed as SimGuruGnome's way of writing! :) Always entertaining and so simple to understand my brain can go on a short vacation for the duration of it, bliss I say! ^^
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Add me to the fan club. Love reading the patch notes. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I enjoy reading the patch notes too. It is part of the fun of having a new patch come out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller