Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Influencing the gender of your baby?

I've had two babies so far, and they've both been male. I really wanted a girl the second time, so I'm wondering if anyone has figured out if there is a way to influence the gender of your baby in TS4.

Comments

• Options
    jermanijermani Posts: 187 Member
    Me too i have 2 different saves and all they have are boys.i am on my third pregnancy with both games and im hoping they are girls.
  • Options
    Daelene8Daelene8 Posts: 186 Member
    I've got the same issue .... My one family has four boys and the other family has one. The only time I have a girl is if I make one in CAS. Is there a cheat cos it's getting annoying. My town is going to be overrun by boys.
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    I tweeted SG Graham to see if he'd answer, but I don't feel too optimistic about it. I guess we'll all find out when the Prima guide comes out.
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    sillehbee wrote: »
    I tweeted SG Graham to see if he'd answer, but I don't feel too optimistic about it. I guess we'll all find out when the Prima guide comes out.

Or when SG Grant comes back for his next Q&A?
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2014
    OH, I didn't even realize that was there.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited September 2014
    the game guide don't say anything about how to get a girl or boy baby....it mostly talks about a sim pregnancy
  • Options
    Joxer4GabbyJoxer4Gabby Posts: 185 Member
    Mine only seem to have girls so I adopted a boy in the end.
    I used to love that in the sims 3 you could eat 3x apples for boys and 3x watermelon for girls.
    Also I can't work out how to increase my chances of multiple births I know in sims 3 you had to listen to kids channel on the radio and tv but does anyone know about sims4?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2014
    Anyone know if the color of the bassinette makes a difference in the determining sex of the baby. like blue for boy, pink for girl, yellow and green for either etc.
    My sims is pregnant now.
    Like if you place a blue bassinette you get a boy, pink you get a girl. anyone tested that yet. yellow any, maybe even green for twins. just guessing
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    ive never had a problem with baby genders ... i've had 5 kids across 2 households and have had 3 girls and 2 boys
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Anyone know if the color of the bassinette makes a difference in the determining sex of the baby. like blue for boy, pink for girl, yellow and green for either etc.
    My sims is pregnant now.
    Like if you place a blue bassinette you get a boy, pink you get a girl. anyone tested that yet. yellow any, maybe even green for twins. just guessing

I don't think the colour matters, and I am glad it is the way it is :D I had a room ready for the baby (all pink and violet, bassinet included), and when the babies were born (yes, I happen to only give birth to twins in my game) they were both boys.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    My sims is pregnant now.

I don't think the colour matters, and I am glad it is the way it is :D I had a room ready for the baby (all pink and violet, bassinet included), and when the babies were born (yes, I happen to only give birth to twins in my game) they were both boys.

Ok, so that rules that out. Just checking different things. I do like it the way it is as it is fun waiting to see what your sim gets.

• Options
    miki9734miki9734 Posts: 76 Member
    @Joxer4Gabby I know there is a fertility boost aspiration reward, that's supposed to help you have multiple births.
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    I had twins one boy one girl and then a single birth was a boy.
  • Options
    IkajoIkajo Posts: 335 Member
    Someone said that eating just green salad during pregnancy would make it become a girl. I haven't tried it. My family got two kids, one girl and one boy. No problems there.
    Alcande, an original story in a fantasy setting. Read for free.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2014
    this is where i wish there was options at time of birth 3 checkboxes Boy[], Girl[], and for those who want to be surprised: Random[]. cause when i write my stories I'm very specific on what I gender I want to be the oldest and youngest.
    I don't like that "eat 7 apples and you get a boy" or "eat 6 watermelons and have a girl." i'm pretty sure that's not how it works. my mother ate pizza, and fried chicken (and other stuff with nutritional value too but mostly that) when she was pregnant with me and my sister. food shouldn't influence on what gender the baby is.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    Vicks06 wrote: »

Or when SG Grant comes back for his next Q&A?

I actually asked Grant that in the Q and A (see page 6 of his thread, above) but he didn't answer that part of my question. I figured this meant "no" or "I don't know" lol. So yea, ask again :)

• Options
    panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    edited September 2014
    the game guide don't say anything about how to get a girl or boy baby....it mostly talks about a sim pregnancy

Boooo. Is the guide any good, by the way, @honeypooh1267?

Edit: forgot the all important @!
  • Options
    fede1408uyfede1408uy Posts: 141 Member
    try adoption is almost the same xD
    tumblr_m83xdxb9Ee1qza4gto1_500_zps5fc3dacb.gif
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    My sims just had their first baby, it's a boy. Really wanted them to have a girl, so was going to exit without saving, but it had autosaved. Better luck next time.
  • Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    I have a couple of different games going on right now, a single sim, and a family game. In my family game, the mother gave birth to twins, first...a boy and a girl. Then another boy. They adopted a girl, and then gave birth to another girl. So, I haven't had a glitch where my sims have only had boys, thankfully.
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I have a boy and a girl now. In separate families.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    Kerem93Kerem93 Posts: 149 Member
    I made a baby girl room and got my sim to give birth in the room. It turned out to be twin girls.
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

I have gone through the PDF digital Prima guide book which is supposed to be the same as the book version and can find nothing on this yet so will not let my Sim get pregnant because I want to choose :D
  • Options
    -_Kawaii-Giraffe_--_Kawaii-Giraffe_- Posts: 2 New Member
    I keep on having boys, and it is getting rather annoying. The thing is, I don't want to adopt a girl because i like going through the stages of pregnancy. It just isn't the same.