The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bigger world please

I'm a fan of the Sims 4, no doubt. Aside from missing some key things from the Sims 3 like the color wheel and the open world, etc. My chief concern right now is how small the worlds are. I want to build more houses, make more Sims for the community and create more venues and businesses. The world is still too small it seems. Any chance of that being resolved?
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    We can only keep these type of discussions up so the developers see them.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    If EA insist on making such small worlds then they could at least provide us with a world creator.

That way people could make world the sizes they want, with the number of lots they want. You would think worlds would be bigger now they don't have to worry about terrain differences, like in sims 3, but for some reason this isn't the case.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    We might never get answers on why they're so small... I guess we can hope there will be one day.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    They made the worlds restricted and small so you have to buy expansion packs and game packs to get a few lots for $20-$40. This is their new way of scamming you all since they don't have the Sims Store for TS4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    They made the worlds restricted and small so you have to buy expansion packs and game packs to get a few lots for $20-$40. This is their new way of scamming you all since they don't have the Sims Store for TS4.

I fear you may be onto something. :(

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    The devs have stated they are aware of the fact that people want more lots and are working on something to remedy that, though details beyond that haven't been stated.
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited April 2015

Still, Get to Work & Outdoor retreat aren't attractive because of the new world spaces they offer, since they are even smaller than Willow Creek or Oasis.

I'm not against some loading screens if it helps to get a more stable game, but getting a loading screen just to visit your neighboor doesn't seem right. Besides a few sims walking around your home, the other houses are empty until you visit them (and get a loading screen).
    I remember people said they made the game like that because they wanted an online feature but it didn't worked well so they went back to the single player at the last moment. This could explain the lack of open world, but even for a late 2014 game I found this weird.

I mean there are games with open world, and multiplayer, with tons of stuff happenning in the lands (scripts etc), yet in the Sims 4 with a simple action system you can't have more than 5 houses (empty by the way) around you while the rest of the houses are just a background.

Remember when they said the engine doesn't allow pools and terrain modifications? Later they added pools, basements and if you look closely when you add fountains they do indeed change the shape of the terrain. And honestly, which game engine doesn't allow holes in the ground and different levels of terrain height in 2015 ?

Honestly I don't know what to think anymore, I really love the game but some things aren't right.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    sidney216 wrote: »

Still, Get to Work & Outdoor retreat aren't attractive because of the new world spaces they offer, since they are even smaller than Willow Creek or Oasis.

I'm not against some loading screens if it helps to get a more stable game, but getting a loading screen just to visit your neighboor doesn't seem right. Besides a few sims walking around your home, the other houses are empty until you visit them (and get a loading screen).
    I remember people said they made the game like that because they wanted an online feature but it didn't worked well so they went back to the single player at the last moment. This could explain the lack of open world, but even for a late 2014 game I found this weird.

I mean there are games with open world, and multiplayer, with tons of stuff happenning in the lands (scripts etc), yet in the Sims 4 with a simple action system you can't have more than 5 houses (empty by the way) around you while the rest of the houses are just a background.

Remember when they said the engine doesn't allow pools and terrain modifications? Later they added pools, basements and if you look closely when you add fountains they do indeed change the shape of the terrain. And honestly, which game engine doesn't allow holes in the ground and different levels of terrain height in 2015 ?

Honestly I don't know what to think anymore, I really love the game but some things aren't right.

They lied via excuses due to their laziness. Our complaints and bad reviews made them pick up on development and we got free stuff.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1