Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite places to propose?

I'm thinking of finally letting my sim Camilla fall madly in love with somebody. She has had a couple of flings, but nothing serious. Obviously, when the time comes, I want her future fiancé to propose at the perfect spot. Where are your favourite places to propose? Post some screenies to help me decide!!!

Comments

• Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I either just go to their houses and do it or go to the park.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I usually just do it at home. Fewer interruptions by stalkers there.
  • Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    :'D This is so sweet! I love hearing about little simmies with back stories like this. I had my Sim purpose to Summer Holiday. He's not in love with her (I don't guess since he's cheating with his ghost ex girlfriend), but he married her because she had his children, and Brennen loves his babies. The deed was made while camping in front of the wooden statue, and they eloped immediately days later in their jammies in my sims living room.
    3767095e-4ef6-4d98-8259-ea8cc040be5f_zpsuwudadwh.png
    She didn't look too happy until that rock slide across her finger.
    3db129fe-b2de-40cd-9829-d27f47b2115d_zpsvcmkbm29.png
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited February 2015
    After a date I like to go somewhere scenic to propose, like the park overlooking the river.

tumblr_nbftrbT4gA1tis8bao4_r1_1280.png
    Post edited by Alourra on
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    @strawburry3 but is it really cheating if she's a ghost :open_mouth: lol i like your story :)
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited February 2015
    I liked the spot by the ducks, it was behind the kids play area in the zone that contains the "Hallow Slough" lot but, I try not to reuse the same area too often other than on impulse.

edit~ I did have a shot, it was several families and generations ago, I seem to have either misplaced it or deleted it before backup... Sorry.
  • Options
    ambrown wrote: »
    @strawburry3 but is it really cheating if she's a ghost :open_mouth: lol i like your story :)
    :D Awh. Thank you! And.. lol, I'm not sure. Pretty positive neither female Sim would be too happy finding out about the other though.
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    @strawburry3 where did you get that hair for the guys? I recognize it is the one from Sims 3.
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    I like going to the Glade :)
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    katycat737 wrote: »
    @strawburry3 where did you get that hair for the guys? I recognize it is the one from Sims 3.

I have not the slightest idea. I checked in CAS and the hair is not labeled by name. Is there another way for me to check where I might have gotten it? It's been a while.
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    Graycat2000Graycat2000 Posts: 304 Member
    I made my own wedding park - Cartland Park...it's got wedding arch, kitchen and dining area with grand piano and secluded seating area, I always take my romantic Sims there for dates, proposals etc.
    Can't post pics yet but it is a lovely little park ;o)
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Very interesting guys. On my last sim family I had a mansion and had a very posh and scenic garden and created a wedding area in the garden. The wedding was so beautiful. I think the sim actually proposed in one of the parks though which was nice. I'm probably going to do it where there are lots of trees and water so it looks lovely and scenic. I am a hopeless romantic lol.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    just in front of my home, so she/he can move in quickly ;)
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited February 2015
    At the holiday cabin I built, the river is in the background and I plonked a wedding arch in to renew vows. I posted pics in another thread I'll see if I can find them cos I'm on my phone,

Edit:
    02-18-15_1-12nbspPM.png

02-19-15_12-16nbspPM.png

Found the other thread I posted in, they're renewal pics but you can see the back drop.
  • Options
    At the holiday cabin I built, the river is in the background and I plonked a wedding arch in to renew vows. I posted pics in another thread I'll see if I can find them cos I'm on my phone,

Edit:
    02-18-15_1-12nbspPM.png

02-19-15_12-16nbspPM.png

Found the other thread I posted in, they're renewal pics but you can see the back drop.

That looks beautiful!!!

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    albanie wrote: »
    I like going to the Glade :)

Ditto. That's one of my favorite spots.

PRETTYPICS38_zpsmh9v5gwe.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Love all your post. All so different.
  • Options
    I think I've decided on the Glade because it's sooooo pretty and I'm too impatient to get my handiness to level 10 to go to the Forgotten Grotto lol but when my sims eventually have kids, I'll have them propose/get proposed to there. I think I'm going to build a scenic wedding lot for all future weddings.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Nothing like a good old engagement in the loo after a pee, then immediately elope in the bathroom as well

I'm a bid weirdly sadistic with my sims :-P
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I personally like the parks and all that. It seems to have a nice atmosphere that makes things so much more romantic. Maybe if there was a nice restaurant, I choose that too (I make make a fake one as technically real ones won't come with Get to Work, but should work just as well).
  • Options
    ExcaliburSwansonExcaliburSwanson Posts: 2 New Member
    Any of the hidden worlds are my favorite to go to for special event and screenshot opportunities.
    I'm personally looking for hidden gems in the open, regular world if you will.