Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plan wedding event

I have become engaged but when I try to plan the wedding event, there is a padlock on the select bride/groom option and I'm not able to select my sims. The option to elope doesn't work either. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm...I just had a wedding event and it worked fine. Are your Sims on vacation by any chance? They can't get married while on vacation, which is plum.

You can try deleting your cache files and repairing the game may help.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    KELMAR1976KELMAR1976 Posts: 32 Member
    Lol, I booked a vacation in order to hold the wedding, so this is probably why. Will have to try again after the vacation. Thanks for the info also.
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    You can not marry on Vacation, but it makes a great honey moon destination :) x
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    AubreyHart wrote: »

Especially id you book the largest cabin.
  • Options
    Ok no longer on vacation, cleared my cache and repaired game but still have the padlock on the choose bride/groom option. I thought it might've been cos I had a baby but he has aged up and now is a child. Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    KELMAR1976 wrote: »
    Ok no longer on vacation, cleared my cache and repaired game but still have the padlock on the choose bride/groom option. I thought it might've been cos I had a baby but he has aged up and now is a child. Anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction.

When you plan the even they automatically pick the bride and groom for you. Maybe that's why?
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    It's locked for me normally, it automatically fills with the two engaged sims and doesn't allow editing those rolls, does it not display the #2 in it for you by default?
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yeah, the bride and groom are padlocked. If you click on that icon while not engaged, it will tell you you have to be engaged. I was mad when I discovered that because I wanted to make a wedding for the child of one of my founders -- you know, do the planning, pay for it all, kind of like what often happens in real life.

Anyway, check to see if you can assign the other roles and click ahead to the event.
  • Options
    Finally have managed to get it work. It did have the #2 in choose bride/groom section but they were greyed out so got a bit confused. Went ahead with the selection as suggested above and it worked. Thanks for the help :smile:
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    Glad you got it sorted, good luck with the wedding or, as you posted, hope it went well if its already passed.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member

that seems kind of stupid. If you marry on a weekday when you would normally go to work-you would book a week off or something.

PS why is everyone talk about honeymoon-as far as I know there aren't any or is it something that comes with the GP which I can't get?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

that seems kind of stupid. If you marry on a weekday when you would normally go to work-you would book a week off or something.

PS why is everyone talk about honeymoon-as far as I know there aren't any or is it something that comes with the GP which I can't get?

No, there's no special honeymoon package if that's what you're asking.

• Options
    sims21975sims21975 Posts: 214 Member
    i just marred but i dont have the new pack yet..but all was fine
    2qxq5qd.jpg
    cheek me out on the gallery #sims21975
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

There are no game dictated honeymoons, rather it's people using their imagination. (I don't mean to come off rude, just not sure how else to put it, sorry. :( )

This is something I like to do as well (take time off and have a honeymoon) :) I really like Outdoor Retreat for that reason. Just a nice place to go (pretty) and plan events. Honeymoons, romantic getaways, collecting retreats, ect.

I'm hoping with the new GP you can place business lots there too because that'd be nice to have while on vacation. :)

@op, sorry for the off-topic post.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.