Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good tutorial for creating hair mesh in Sims 4 Studio?

I'm looking for a good tutorial for this-- a video tutorial would be best. Anyone got one? I want to make a mesh similar to my own hair, they don't have one yet!

Comments

• Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited October 2014
    What program are you comfortable using? Blender? Milkshape? 3DS Max?

Lumia Lover Sims made an excellent tutorial for S4S and Blender, although it's focused for accessories, I'm pretty sure you can apply it to hairs as well.:
    http://lumialoversims.tumblr.com/tagged/tutorial

There's also a video tutorial I'm currently watching for 3DS Max, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGKokE7njNY

I haven't used Milkshape yet, but I'm sure there are lots of tutorials lying out there. A lot of hair modders mainly used this program for hair modeling in previous Sims games. Anyhoo, I wish you luck. <3
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    thanks. :)
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    I used this tutorial to learn how to make my first hair mesh with Blender and Sims 4 Studio: Blenderella Pony Tail Tutorial

Before I did this tutorial I did some basic tutorials to get used to how Blender works. I learned a lot from it and my pony tail came out semi-decent. I didn't tackle the scalp portion of the tutorial and went with borrowing the scalp from EA's long pony tail mesh. I attached my pony tail to that and made my hairband so it covered up where I joined the two together. I also didn't make my pony tail as high poly as the one in the tutorial because I felt it would be too high poly for the game.

Making accessories is a lot easier though so if you've never made meshes before I recommend making at least one accessory before moving on to something like hair.
  • Options
    OnewithwingsOnewithwings Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks orangemittens, that is a good idea. :)
  • Options
    _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    This isn't a tutorial per se but I've written an illustrated guide to all of the components an EA hair has that will need to be considered when making your own new hair mesh for the game. It also contains some notes that will help people to avoid the most commonly made mistakes when creating their new hair. I posted it at the Sims 4 Studio Forums.