Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to have the gender of baby you want!

Ok, so I don't know if there's a post about this but I found that if you have a baby at home you can get a girl but if you have it at hospital you can have a boy, I tried it a few times and it worked. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Comments

• Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I've heard the opposite as well. It doesn't seem that there are any tricks to forcing either gender, just coincidence and luck.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Ok, so I don't know if there's a post about this but I found that if you have a baby at home you can get a girl but if you have it at hospital you can have a boy, I tried it a few times and it worked. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

I've always had my children at the hospital. Sometimes a boy, sometimes a girl and sometimes both (twins, triplets etc). I think it's different for different 'saves' in my experience. I'd try a separate save game, you might notice a different pattern.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited October 2014
    I think it goes by luck really, l've only ever had three births so far in my game. Two girls and one boy. I had one at hospital which was a girl.. And both at home.
  • Options
    KyeaKyea Posts: 81 Member
    I had twin boys at home
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I've had boys both at home and at the hospital, the same goes for girls. There's no strategy to it, really. It's random, just like in real life. If you want to choose the gender of your child that badly, I'd suggest adoption.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    My sims have all their babies at home. Sometimes it's constant girls, sometimes we get stuck on the boy cycle. Sometimes I get lucky and have mixed amounts of boys and girls. I think it's just a random chance, no matter what you do.
  • Options
    UnknownSuperHeroUnknownSuperHero Posts: 11 New Member
    So it probably not how you have the gender you want I thought it might be the case since it happened a few times
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I had all 4 of my boys at home.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    cowplantmilkcowplantmilk Posts: 27 Member
    I've heard that gender is decided at the moment the pregnancy starts.
  • Options
    Rubycube86Rubycube86 Posts: 294 Member
    I've always had my births at home. So far, 8 boys and 2 girls have been born.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Do you think this is something that a mod could be developed for?

• Options
    eSuperboieSuperboi Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2014
    grantbae_zps55ea5433.png
    LAANfKp.jpg
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    All my kids were born at home and I've got a pretty even mix.