Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it worth upgrading the game?

PeachyMamaPeachyMama Posts: 136 Member
Hiya, just after some opinions :)

Origin's just came up saying that I have the chance to upgrade my game from the Sims 4 Limited Edition version to the Digital Deluxe for £11.99, which would give me the 'up all night content', the party hats & the soundtrack (I already have life of the party content on the limited edition version)

Anyone know if its worth upgrading? I cant decide. Thanks!
.. PeachyMama, Sims addict since the Sims 1 ..

7xy4p1.png

Comments

• Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    PeachyMama wrote: »
    Hiya, just after some opinions :)<br />
    <br />
    Origin's just came up saying that I have the chance to upgrade my game from the Sims 4 Limited Edition version to the Digital Deluxe for £11.99, which would give me the 'up all night content', the party hats & the soundtrack (I already have life of the party content on the limited edition version)<br />
    <br />

Heck no!! I have the deluxe and the hats and everything is just silly. You don't get anything thats worth an extra $20 of programming.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I have the deluxe and have used none of the extra items so far. And I probably won't. Okay I might use the tiki bar (was that included?) at some point, but there are probably equal are better options in the limited version.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2014
    IMO, no. I haven't used any of the extra content yet. EDIT - Oh, I did use the Tiki Bar at the wedding.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I was offered the same deal, and I took it! However I am a glutton for punishment! I did it more for the up all night content - which does not come with much to be sompletely honest. They could keep those hats for all I care! :s
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    In actuality that's only a question you can answer. The description for up all night is "Features the Laser Light Show, new parties, outfits, decorations, and recipes." I haven't held any parties in my game yet, but I'm sure I'll want to in the future, and it sounds cool that their are themed parties from this pack, like the "black-and-white" party. I also know I'll make use of the laser light show once I get to the point in my game that I'll want to use something like that. If the items aren't something you would care about, then it's not worth it. If you can see yourself enjoying them, that might be another thing.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    dannjcksndannjcksn Posts: 28 New Member
    I have held several parties and I have a culinary career Sim so I have used the extra content with "Up All Night". I have had several dinner parties and used some of the recipies as well as house parties.

I agree with Shepherdmoon : In actuality that's only a question you can answer.

I would go to Youtube.com and watch some of the Sims4 Let's Play videos (especially if they say they have the Deluxe Edition) I watched these for a few days while waiting to purchase my game.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    In my opinion? Nope. The extra party would be nice, there is a robe and a tuxedo I like but everything else? I wouldn't even download the hats for free. Here is everything included: http://simsvip.com/2014/09/01/the-sims-4-pre-order-bonus-content/
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    AkisuneAkisune Posts: 3 New Member
    Hell noooo. I got it and it's literally like 6 items that I would never use -__-
  • Options
    Irish_Chick81Irish_Chick81 Posts: 301 Member
    edited September 2014
    PeachyMama wrote: »
    Hiya, just after some opinions :)<br />
    <br />
    Origin's just came up saying that I have the chance to upgrade my game from the Sims 4 Limited Edition version to the Digital Deluxe for £11.99, which would give me the 'up all night content', the party hats & the soundtrack (I already have life of the party content on the limited edition version)<br />
    <br />

NO NO NO.
    You can get all the clothes from the deluxe edition from a famous site that mods the sims and get it for free as CC !!

The only thing you miss is a bar and two types of parties - it is in NO WAY worth £12.

I paid an extra £6 for my deluxe and it was not worth it.

Edited for truth ^^: You can get all of the costumes and hats as free CC very easily.My sims 4 blog should have details (its not mine - you know what I mean )
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    I upgraded my limited edition to the deluxe because I wanted the exclusive recipes and parties. I haven't used the outfits yet although I probably will in the future. I think the animal hats are really cute for kids.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I think that's a lot of money for some very uninspiring objects. I mean how often are you going to use animal hats? I have the Tiki bar and a few other bits and barely use them.
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    I bought it mostly for the soundtrack. They usually charge $10 for soundtracks anyway, so it was like paying for the game and the soundtrack and getting some extra clothes, recipes, and furniture in my eyes.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    This is why I saved my money up front and bought the Limited Edition, only. I was basically unimpressed with all the little "extras" that I knew I would likely NEVER use. I'm not unhappy with my disk copy, and have not been invited to purchase the digital one. But, I don't want the extra stuff, so I guess that's a good thing. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2014
    I wanted to get it for the black and white parties (sounds cool), but the thought of having those hideous hot dog and clown costumes in my game forever kept me from getting it. (Literally ... that really was the reason.) My Target store didn't have that edition, anyway. They'd only gotten in ONE Sims 4 edition, and it was the Limited Edition (tiki bar, ugly men's suit, ok woman's outfit).

The deluxe edition does come with a nice tuxedo, and a rather nice sexy dress (a little TOO sexy, but it looks nice).
  • Options
    PeachyMamaPeachyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Thanks everyone for the comments, I've decided to not buy it.

After reading everyone's thoughts & seeing photos of what's included I really don't think it's worth £12, seems like a lot of money to pay on just a few things that I'd MAYBE use once or twice by the looks of them.

Thanks again :D
    .. PeachyMama, Sims addict since the Sims 1 ..

7xy4p1.png
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Yea it's not worth it. I paid for the upgrade and the tiki bar - don't use, the hats, which I thought I would use for kids - don't use, the fancy light thing for parties - did put that on my wedding venue but it does nothing!!! I thought it would be a for machine or strobe lights like in whichever TS3 expansion, but it's a complete waste.

I wouldn't pay for it again, and If I could go back, I also wouldn't get the prima guide.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I forget what Up all night even did.
    £12 seems a bit much to me.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have the digital deluxe edition of the game and I haven't use anything in that stuff either. Though I tend to always forget half the stuff they give us. >:)
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    naaa don't do it I think that right now it is missing so much that it is so hard to over look what is missing just because sims now can blow kisses while on the tread mill... just to bare if it was not for that the sims 4 would be a great game. its still good just there is nothing to do after bulding skills and going to the 4 community lots it gets real old real fast... the staying power is weak right now
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Personally if I could do it again, I would not have got the deluxe. While I feel the hats are kinda fun & cute for kids, it just creeps me out when I see adult townies sporting them randomly.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Personally if I could do it again, I would not have got the deluxe. While I feel the hats are kinda fun & cute for kids, it just creeps me out when I see adult townies sporting them randomly.
    Argh. Plus, I saw a screenshot from someone that showed a townie walking around in a hot dog costume. Just for no reason. *Shudder* I don't think I could handle that.

No. Just ....

No. :(

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've used some of the clothing -- there are a couple of nice party outfits -- and for a while I had my comedian Sim in the clown outfit with face makeup for one of her everyday outfits. I mainly got the Digital Deluxe for the soundtrack since I collect Sims music.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I was going to just say that the animal hats come in handy if you want to get your sims feeling flirty in a hurry. I guess a faux animal on your head makes you feel hot or something. B)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    naaa don't do it I think that right now it is missing so much that it is so hard to over look what is missing just because sims now can blow kisses while on the tread mill... just to bare if it was not for that the sims 4 would be a great game. its still good just there is nothing to do after building skills and going to the 4 community lots it gets real old real fast... the staying power is weak right now
    You always say that but you don't have in real reasons not to like it. I know you are all gaga over TS3 but TS4 isn't TS3 and its possible they didn't want to make it like other sims games so how can say for sure things are missing? Its not a true sequel to the game its just continuing it there is a difference.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Some people do have their reasons not to like it. Others are just plain wary based on what they're reading here. Nothing wrong with being wary.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/