Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request for full-length hair for males

Now that the game is out, I'd like to make a request to the CC community.

I have hair that reaches halfway down my back in real life, and I've noticed that such hair length isn't possible for males in The Sims 4 (At least not yet). It only reaches the shoulders and fans out slightly.

I would appreciate the ability to make my Simself as close to me as possible, and I think anyone who makes them would too. Long "metal-head" hair was added in a patch to The Sims 3, and females have long hair, so this should be perfectly doable.

If anyone takes up the request, thank you! I'll bet others will love the mod too.

Comments

• Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I'd love this, even just some shoulder length hair for males would be brilliant, seeing as there is only one 'long' hair style.
    Can't understand why they don't just make hair unisex.
    Different hair types would be great as well - curly, wavy ect
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I found this female to male conversion last night.
  • Options
    @Wanderer1812 The reason hairstyles aren't unisex is because the male and female Sims have different head shapes. The blogger @renzilla mentioned even said that the hairstyles will clip through a lot of clothes because of it.

That said, I'd love different hair textures too. Just hope someone's willing to take up modeling soon!
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    @BarbaricSpaceWhale I didn't mean modders to make the hair unisex, it shouldn't be up to mods in the first place.
    I meant the developers should have made things unisex, or eesh, just put more options/variety in the first place. Shouldn't be up to mods, making the players do their work for them really.

Everything seems rather limited for males, clothing, accesories, hair is the most limited. Loads of stuff for female Sims.
    :(
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I'm of the opinion that ALL clothing, hairs, tattoos, etc should be unisex. Use the default filter to show the "normal" view (like it does for outfits other than Everyday). But let us clear the filter if we want and use outfits from the other sex.
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Hey guys, I found a couple. Don't know that they're what you want but...
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    tammi222tammi222 Posts: 478 Member
    Maclimes wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that ALL clothing, hairs, tattoos, etc should be unisex. Use the default filter to show the "normal" view (like it does for outfits other than Everyday). But let us clear the filter if we want and use outfits from the other sex.

YES! For so long I have wanted my men to be able to wear skirts and my girls to wear awesome suits!
    "I never like to do anything quiet if I can help it. Swords for everyone!"
    tumblr_mtugnbGcVr1rlg2wpo1_400.gif
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,381 Member
    Hey guys, I found a couple. Don't know that they're what you want but...

Hey, thanks for the link. The Wild Child is great! :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.