Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Files

In the saves folder, How do we tell the difference between OUR saves or the Auto Saves? Because what I'm naming my saves is NOT in my saves file.

Comments

• Options
    JLynn22JLynn22 Posts: 88 Member
    im also having this issue because i auto save every game. i guess just go by the time you save and keep an eye. say you save at 3:40pm [like you check your phone or w/e] and you go into the save folder, "sort by date" or "date modified" depending on how you have that setup and look for the time YOU saved at; so look for your save file cluster of 9/4/2014 3:40pm and thats it.

thats what ive been doing and its been ok since.
    lookit my lousy sig
  • Options
    sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited September 2014
    JLynn22 wrote: »
    im also having this issue because i auto save every game. i guess just go by the time you save and keep an eye. say you save at 3:40pm [like you check your phone or w/e] and you go into the save folder, "sort by date" or "date modified" depending on how you have that setup and look for the time YOU saved at; so look for your save file cluster of 9/4/2014 3:40pm and thats it.

That's the problem, There is like 6-7 with the same time and date. Same names, nothing matching mine.. but the file types are different..

eq19av.jpg

@ceejay402
    Post edited by sdhoey on
  • Options
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm not sure. I've been playing the same save so I've not messed with it. I've only used Save then Exit and have not used the Save As option. I will have to d.i.n.k around with it and let you know. :)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I've been playing the same save so I've not messed with it. I've only used Save then Exit and have not used the Save As option. I will have to d.i.n.k around with it and let you know. :)

hmm Okay :\ I'm lost with that one. LOL I have no clue what d.i.n.k means. :p Thanks I'll wait your answer my techie one..

• Options
    PeschkeGirlPeschkeGirl Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2014
    The auto save is always the save slot one grouping.
    Edit: Also, unfortunately the save files in TS4 do not save under what we name them, unlike TS3. I am not sure if the .save.ver# files are necessary, I'll get back to you on that later.

2nd Edit: One moment, are you telling me that there is more than one autosave? From my experience so far there has only been one and it only saves when I do. At one time I had been playing for a long while without saving manually and my game crashed. I thought "no big deal" because I had assumed that the autosave would have had me covered. I started up the game and discovered that I had lost 5 hours worth of game time instead. So far, I find the autosave function rather useless..
    Post edited by PeschkeGirl on
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Annadenise wrote: »
    JLynn22 wrote: »

That's the problem, There is like 6-7 with the same time and date. Same names, nothing matching mine.. but the file types are different..

eq19av.jpg

@ceejay402
    just seeing this now, i can play around time with my save files and you too could make a back up and test it out. how many games are you playing?
  • Options
    PeschkeGirlPeschkeGirl Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2014
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    just seeing this now, i can play around time with my save files and you too could make a back up and test it out. how many games are you playing?

Judging by this screenshot, I would hazard to guess that they have at least 8 save games and the autosave.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    @ceejay402 I fixed my problem. I moved that, and all the older saved to a file on my desk top and only left the most current one in the saves folder. Then I moved all my screenshot and videos to a folder and now it's fine.