Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gender Conversions of Two Specific Female Hairstyles?

Hi. I was wondering if any of you have tried converting these hairstyles from Female to Male:
14631576825_da69f43fa8_o.jpg
14631571325_8af9c3590d_o.jpg
(images courtesy of SimsVIP)

I was thinking that they would look good on some of my male Sims. I would appreciate it if anyone tried converting them and putting them up for download. :)
ypU37gD.gif
Pricefield forever.
Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I think I've seen a ftm for the second one but I can't remember where, and I don't think it was available for download yet. I'm hoping to get versions of like half the hairs for both genders at some point. heh.
    If I find it again I'll come back and link it :)
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    I wish Maxis would just allow all hairstyles for both genders. :/
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Found it :D
    Maclimes wrote: »
    I wish Maxis would just allow all hairstyles for both genders. :/
    Some of them would look pretty odd but I agree and I hope some modder or other makes that possible.
    A person might think "why would a guy have bangs and pigtails?" but I've seen it in real life and just because someone is a bit different doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to have the hair they'd prefer for their simself... <3 inclusivity.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    mostlyobscuremostlyobscure Posts: 1 New Member
    I would totally love to see all hairstyles available on both genders.
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've been looking at the full game data from the Origin preload in Color Magic. Some of the child hairstyles are unisex already. They could easily have done that with a lot of the adult hairs, even without getting into pigtails on guys... not sure why they didn't, since the unisex category EXISTS.

But yeah, can be modded, not that hard... there's an explanation here of how to do it: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532027
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited September 2014
    Sorry. Double post. :|
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    I've been looking at the full game data from the Origin preload in Color Magic. Some of the child hairstyles are unisex already. They could easily have done that with a lot of the adult hairs, even without getting into pigtails on guys... not sure why they didn't, since the unisex category EXISTS.

But yeah, can be modded, not that hard... there's an explanation here of how to do it: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532027

Thanks for the link. The possibilities certainly do look promising.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
  • Options
    I don't know if you can "convert" female hairstyles to male, but I think it's possible to make a custom hairstyle that's pretty close to what you have there. Personally I'd like longer male hair options to match my Simself better (Nothing like my avatar...).
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    edited September 2014
    @sims152318, one of those hairstyles has already been converted, albeit for the demo -- I don't know whether the creator already redid them for the full game. Look at http://lumialoversims.tumblr.com/ or this thread at mts for updates (the latter has other gender-converted hairstyles as well -- most or all are from the demo era, but I guess the creators will also be interested in making them work for the full game)! -- duh, didn't see that exactly those two links had already been posted. Ah well.

(With some hairstyles the scalp is noticeably different between male and female, so it's not simply a matter of "allowing" a style for both genders. oepu posted some pics of this in the mts thread.)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4