Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scavenger Hunt (a fun game to play with your Sim)

This Scavenger Hunt that was a party game at the D.N.A. Anniversary Party last November. People seemed to really enjoy it and I thought I would post the rules and the scavenger hunt list here so that people could play with it.

This is a Scavenger Hunt for objects and events from Sunset Valley. You are to start a NEW GAME so that you have a fresh copy of Sunset Valley and then move your Kleptomaniac Sim into The Monotone (72 Water Lily Lane) in Sunset Valley in order to start your hunt.

You do not need anything other than a Sim with the Kleptomaniac trait, but you may find a Sim with high skills in some other areas to be useful. It is particularly useful to have a Sim with a high photography skill.

You will be asked for THREE different kinds of things on the Scavenger Hunt list: an actual item in your Sim's family inventory, a Sim-taken photo in your Sim's family inventory, or a Screenshot of some event or item.

If the photo described in the list does NOT say "screenshot" then it means a photo taken by your Sim and one that should be in your Sim's family inventory.

If an item doesn't say "stolen" then you can buy it or get if from an existing family inventory or get it in any other way you can.

If it says "stolen" but doesn't say from where, you can steal it from anywhere BUT YOU CANNOT ADD ITEMS TO A LOT so you can't just load up a lot with the items you want to steal and have your Sim steal them.

oow785m

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited March 2014

Rules:
    1. Game MODs cannot be used to get the items on the list.

2. You may NOT add items to a lot in Sunset Valley that were not originally on that lot. Remember that you are to start a NEW GAME so that you are starting this Scavenger Hunt in a fresh copy of Sunset Valley.

3. You may be asked to steal a general item (like a car) OR you may be asked to steal a specific item (like a statue in the graveyard). Unless specified you may steal from any residential or community lot.

4. The following Cheat is allowed/encouraged: testingCheatsEnabled true, then shift-click the mailbox on the lot to Make Needs Static. In the interest of a timed contest, you won't have time to allow your Sim to eat, sleep, or use the facilities. If you DON'T want to see how fast you can do it, then by all means try it without cheats! :D

5. If you are asked to "find" something NOT specific (as in "a tiny space rock" and not something specific like "a tombstone in the graveyard") then it is fine to use one that your Sim has or even to buy one. In a "real" scavenger hunt you can get things from anywhere, including your closet if you are lucky enough to have what was being asked for.

6. Be aware that items in the family inventory which have been stolen will say that they have been stolen in their description and tell where (or from whom) they have been stolen.

7. Any cheats to pause the game, give your Sim money, add a Sim to the family, increase the relationship with a Sim, teleport a Sim, etc. ARE allowed in order to get items on the list. This would be the same as people in a "real" scavenger hunt resorting to trickery or theft in order to get what they need for the list. BUT remember: YOU MAY NOT ADD ITEMS TO A LOT.

8. If you can find ONE item that fits into more than one category, you CAN count it for both.

9. You most likely will NOT be able to find everything on the list. There are a few things on the list that are a matter of luck (like the screenshot of a lot right after a meteor hits it). The idea is to see how many things on the list you can get and how long it takes to get them. You can basically play it two ways: Try to get every single item and don't worry about the time OR Set a time limit and see how many things you can get within that time limit.

10. When we did this as a party game, there was a time limit of six hours and people were encouraged to use cheats to play.
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    1862021_orig.gif

1. A screenshot of your Sim that shows his or her face in close-up
    2. Five Flamingoes stolen from the Same Lot
    3. A photo of Daisies
    4. A photo of Sims on a picnic
    5. A stolen chess set AND the chairs to go with it
    6. A tombstone stolen from the Pleasant Rest Graveyard
    7. 3 Gold Bars
    8. A Screenshot of a Sim on the porch of City Hall in Graduation Robes
    9. A photo with a Gnome sticking his face in to wave
    10. A screenshot of your Sim talking to a ghost
    11. A stolen Lounge Chair
    12. A photo of two Sims kissing
    13. A Stolen Ring O' Posies Commercial Planter
    14. RUX2K Teleporter
    15. A Photo of the House where the Clavell Household Lives
    16. The Stately Statue stolen from Central Park
    17. Two stolen cars of two different types
    18. A photo of a Sim cooking
    19. Small Meterorite
    20. A Stolen Telescope
    21. Screenshot of your Sim swimming in a pool that is on a residential lot other than your own (give the address of the residence)
    22. A Stolen Mason Lamp
    23. A stolen truck
    24. Vita Alto's Stolen Old Sam's Dining Chair
    25. A Screenshot of Your Sim sitting at the table near the Diner
    26. Two Stolen Grills from Two Different Places
    27. A Heart-shaped Ruby
    28. A photo of a fire
    29. A high school diploma
    30. A Screenshot of Your Sim Harvesting Plants in a Criminal Part of Town
    31. A Level 3 Skill Book
    32. A clownfish
    33. An award for Most Likely to Get Arrested
    34. The stolen tombstone of Erik Darling
    35. A Stolen Fountain
    36. A Stolen Burb Light
    37. Screenshot of a lot right after a meteor hits it
    38. A stolen Living Chair
    39. 1 unknown seed
    40. A Stolen Streetbrite Light
    41. Graveyard Statue stolen from Pleasant Rest Graveyard
    42. Screenshot of a Taxi
    43. Stolen Blossoming Sunflower Vase
    44. Screenshot of a criminal being caught by police
    45. Something Stolen from the Art Museum lot
    46. Photo of Sims Playing Chess
    47. 2 Butterflies of Different Types
    48. Yumi Sekemoto's Stolen Simmer Down Chair
    49. Screenshot of a fireman
    50. A Deathfish
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Post back here to say how many things you got off the list and how long it took to get them!

Hope you enjoy the game!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No one has posted, but maybe that means that you are off trying this and just have not completed it! :mrgreen:

Someone told me at the party that this was really fun and that I should get it included as an "official Sims challenge" but I'm not sure what that means or how I would do it.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    bekibeki Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2014
    sounds like a lot of fun. going to give it a try. thanks :-)
  • Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited March 2014
    Bookmarked. Thank you! I wasn't able to "attend" the party, so it's nice that I get a little piece of it! (^_^)
  • Options
    DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited March 2014
    Good luck and feel free to post some of your screenshots!

Zoo

EDIT: SORRY! I should have switched to my own account before posting. I am the March secretary for D.N.A. and was updating our Request Thread before visiting here. It really IS ZooProfessor3, promise! :mrgreen:
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2014
    Looks fun! Challenge accepted!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    WHOOT! People are scavenging all over Sunset Valley! :mrgreen:
    oow785m