Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the Heck

Why can't they get it right with the sims 3 game. You would think the money they charge for a game it would be bug free. Its not a new game the sims have been out for awhile. It really sucks when you take the time to set up a game the way you like to play, and then press the save button. Instead of saving a game it erases all your hard work you put into the game. SMH SMH SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2013
    I understand you're frustrated, but if you provide some more details about exactly what happened, you might find someone here can help, or at least provide solutions to prevent it from happening again.

You say instead of saving your work got erased? I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. Did the game not save, or crash during saving?
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2013
    Show me a video game that isn't bug free and I'll show you pigs that can fly
  • Options
    Jaden1673Jaden1673 Posts: 607 Member
    edited November 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:

Big difference between a game having a few bugs and one riddled with them. Almost from day one the Sims 3 has been buggy, I don't know of any game that has had bugs from 4 years ago still. There's no excuse except poor play testing.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jaden1673 wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

Big difference between a game having a few bugs and one riddled with them. Almost from day one the Sims 3 has been buggy, I don't know of any game that has had bugs from 4 years ago still. There's no excuse except poor play testing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder- our individual definitions of "riddled" obviously don't align. :wink:
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited November 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:

Flying pigs? Do you think that will be the next store content???? OMG.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited November 2013
    ohhjuliet wrote:

Flying pigs? Do you think that will be the next store content???? OMG.

:lol: Good spin on that. :thumbup:
  • Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited November 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:

The Original UNREAL game, Dungeon Siege 1&2, Doom 1&2, Stanley Parable, Dust : An Elysian Tale...

Back on topic, did your game freeze when it was saving as to why you lost your progress?
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2013
    Only a few of the adventure games I have ever played have ever had any bugs. Almost all of those issues was from running it on a newer OS or newer hardware than it was written for, and adventure games don't usually get updated once they are no longer being produced. But adventure games don't even have a minute fraction of all the different interactions that must be written into a game like the Sims. In an adventure game, for every hotspot, of which there are only a few, at the most, in each active frame, there is only one action resulting from clicking on it. The cut scenes (video clips) interspersed throughout the game for the sake of the story, are always exactly the same, as is the story itself. It's actually a rare adventure game that gives video options for more than one ending, depending on the choices the player makes. Most of them, you either solve the game and get the final cut scene, or you don't solve it and get nothing, or maybe a failure cut scene.

The Sims is much more interesting. Even if you started all your games exactly alike, every game you started would still be different from every other game. There are a lot more places where things can get messed up in such a complex game.

That's not to excuse EA from fixing issues that have been there for years. Just making a comparison.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Zhalk wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:

The Original UNREAL game, Dungeon Siege 1&2, Doom 1&2, Stanley Parable, Dust : An Elysian Tale...

Back on topic, did your game freeze when it was saving as to why you lost your progress?

You obviously never played Doom- it's my favorite game. Barrel suicides; the hall of mirrors was notoriously buggy in II, etc. I never played the others, but I'm sure a simple Google search could yield results.
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited November 2013
    kathynes61 wrote:
    Why can't they get it right with the sims 3 game. You would think the money they charge for a game it would be bug free. Its not a new game the sims have been out for awhile. It really sucks when you take the time to set up a game the way you like to play, and then press the save button. Instead of saving a game it erases all your hard work you put into the game. SMH SMH SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel ya. I hope you find some solutions to whatever issues you're having. I've had my issues with TS3 over the years but usually there's some way to fix stuff. I don't think it's realistic to expect games--most especially big titles like TS3--to be bug-free in the current game development environment--they seem like they just get pushed out the door and into consumers' hands before things are really ironed out. It's so frustrating. As long as we have holidays and big conventions, I don't think things will change anytime soon. I'd really rather wait, personally, for it to be working right. Sometimes the Store team won't release a set on time because of some last-minute issue and I really appreciate that. Wish it could happen for the game engine itself.

May I suggest the technical forum? Or was this just a blowing-off-steam post? Either way, good luck.