Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP should I uninstall

To get Island paradise I have to uninstall an expansion.Which should I uninstall?

Ones I have

Late night
Pets
Seasons
Supernatural
University

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited May 2013
    Whichever one you find yourself using the least. We can't really tell you which ones you like and dislike, it's all on you, how you play, and what you enjoy from each pack.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    Whichever one you find yourself using the least. We can't really tell you which ones you like and dislike, it's all on you, how you play, and what you enjoy from each pack.

I concur. Whichever features you use the least, remove that one. I personally removed Seasons from mine because of my sims taking forever to change clothes and the weather makes it tough on some machines due to ram usage and it really tests your graphics card. But lots of people love the Seasons expansion pack, it's all a matter of taste.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wilderwolf had the right answer. It all depends on how you play.

Now if you want the World According to the Momminator, get rid of Late Night. :D
  • Options
    JackBrevesJackBreves Posts: 511
    edited May 2013
    Personally, I'd uninstall Seasons. I know when I get Island Paradise, I'll probably turn off weather, or at least make it so it doesn't snow in Isla Paradiso. But it would all depend on whether or not you want seasons in paradise.
  • Options
    turtlepandadragonturtlepandadragon Posts: 428 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I might uninstall seasons.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    Why do you need to uninstall something? Pc stats too low?

I say give it a try without uninstalling something first. Then if you must uninstall something, do it.

I can't imagine uninstalling something in my game though. I use so many features from every expansion and stuff pack.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hard choice. I like all the ones you have. I'd agree with those who said whichever one whose features you use the least. If you don't play supernaturals a lot, that one or University that one, and so forth.

I see you think you may go with seasons. Personally love that EP the most along with Pets as it just seems to bring so much depth to many parts of the game, rather than just with giving your sims certain things to do and objects, but as I said above....whichever one you feel you'd miss least.

It's like having a bunch of kids and choosing which one you like least. So difficult. :cry:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    If it were up to me, I'd do away with pets, but only because that's the one I play the least.
  • Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would be so hard for me to choose because I like a little bit from each expansion pack.
  • Options
    pipilovely18pipilovely18 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited May 2013
    If i were you I will uninstall University. :(
  • Options
    KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2013
    Arletta wrote:
    If it were up to me, I'd do away with pets, but only because that's the one I play the least.

I feel exactly the same way!
  • Options
    PhilbirdPhilbird Posts: 182
    edited May 2013
    Why do you need to uninstall an EP? Did I miss something?
  • Options
    EricallyErically Posts: 75 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Pets, I don't enjoy it, and the city is BORING!!
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Pets!
    After Showtime, it'd be the first one to go, if I had to uninstall an expansion pack. Dogs in the game are so freaking annoying, nothing like having a dog in real life which is a joy.
  • Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited May 2013
    piddlesim wrote:
    Why do you need to uninstall something? Pc stats too low?

I say give it a try without uninstalling something first. Then if you must uninstall something, do it.

I can't imagine uninstalling something in my game though. I use so many features from every expansion and stuff pack.
    Philbird wrote:

^^^ these.

Why must you uninstall :?:
  • Options
    Ciaradoc01Ciaradoc01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited May 2013
    The one that you play least you should uninstall
    All I want from EA right now is sims 4 seasons, supernatural, pets, university and showtime. Then EA will be God. The current God is Brendon Urie.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2013
    If I were you I'd uninstall Supernatural, Pets or University Life.
    I can't imagine my Sims games without Seasons. I enjoy the festivals so much. Late night is needed for the drinks (Gurus confirmed you can mix them in pool bars!), bars, clothes and accessoires from my point of view.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    not an easy choice but if it were me it would be pets because I use it less.
  • Options
    bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Supernatural for me was uninstalled... Glitchville!
    BIG WASTE OF MONEY!

Season's is probably next to go.
    <shaking my head at what passes for "good enough for sale" at EA, it's just ridiculous>
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2013
    Try doing this: Sort by expansion, and see what objects you will lose with each one. Then go into CAS, and sort by expansion, to see what clothing and hair you will lose, with each one.

Then consider the game play you would lose. For instance, Night Life has instruments. How important is that game play to you? Do you like having pets? Do you need horses for something like DV? Do you enjoy weather in your game? How about celebrating holidays? Is going to college important to you?

It comes down to losing game play, losing objects/clothes/hair. Which will you miss least?

The last thing to consider is the world that came with that game. Do you love city life and clubs from Night Life? Do you enjoy the fall ambiance of the Pets world? Do you love the college atmosphere of Uni?

Weigh your choices. If you still can't decide, then uninstall them all. Add one back at a time and see which ones you really enjoy and which ones are a ho-hum.
  • Options
    HomeSweetHomeSimHomeSweetHomeSim Posts: 501 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would uninstall University. :-)
  • Options
    CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I do love pets and everything but I'd uninstall that out of all of those just because not much comes with it content wise and the only game play you'd be missing out on is your pet going to your sims bed and waking them up, they are a nice touch but it wouldn't really be a loss.

Your preference is what matters though :)
  • Options
    JonnaJacobsenJonnaJacobsen Posts: 83 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Not for nothing, but did you seriously just buy University Life with your own money, only to ask people which one you should uninstall (including UL)..?
    I get it, it's your money and you can do what you want with it, but doesn't it sound like a bit of a waste to only use an EP for, what, 4 months and then considering uninstalling it..?
  • Options
    scotlandroadscotlandroad Posts: 244 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would uninstall University or Pets.
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited May 2013
    Philbird wrote:

^^^ these.

Why must you uninstall :?:

Not everyone has the same hardware or a computer equipped to support all the EPs. Uninstalling one item mean they'll have better performance to enjoy IP.

I'd uninstall Pets. There's nothing there (except the minor pets) that I play with. However, note that I've seen tools to run the game without EPs. You can try those (I haven't myself).